Chapter 8:"Blood bath".

"It's been a full day. She went out and didn't contact me again". He whined through the video call

Everyone ignores him.

"I heard from my manager there that Romaisa came to my hotel". Usman said spiking everyone's interest

"Why?. Didn't we made a policy that states that no mafia can stay at the hotel or any place of ours?". Akbar said confused

"We did". Usman said nodding, "However, she didn't stay or ask for a room. She went to our rooftop hotel and stayed there".

"She just stayed there?. She didn't meet anyone?". Zafar asked confused

"Apparently". Usman said shrugging

Akbar shakes his head, "She is a cunning woman. There is no way she came there for nothing. I stopped all her advancement so this should be a warning".

"A warning?. We have nothing to give to the mafia". Awais said

"Maybe they don't want our wealth. Maybe they want something else. We never know with the mafia, you all know that". Akbar said sighing, "Stay on your guard. Don't go anywhere for a while".

"What about Zakirah?. Is she ok?". Awais asked concerned

Akbar nodded, "Just stable. They are still running tests on her. God, you should see how many needles are in her small hands and how many marks it leave behind".

"I can only imagine". Zafar said sighing, "Let's hope she gets better no matter how many tests she has to go through".

"I have to leave and check on Laila. Keep me updated". Awais said ending the group call

He enters in Usman's hotel asking for her whereabouts but everyone told she never checked in the hotel since yesterday. Then, where she has been?.

He called her phone but there was no answer and now he started to panic. As he turns to leave the hotel, he found her coming inside. He wanted to ask her all the questions he had and to show his worry however the way she was walking and the way she looks didn't let him.

She passed by him without even raising her head to look at him standing in front of the elevator without even pressing the button.

He watches her clothes being drenched and she must have been in the rain for a long time. He moves closer to her placing his jacket over her and she turns around in fear but calms down when she finds it is him.

"Oh, it's you". She said releasing a breath she was holding, "Why are you here?".

"Why do you think?". He asked pressing the elevator button, "I haven't seen you for hours".

She didn't speak anything as they enter inside the elevator heading to her room. She enters inside her room feeling her entire body being weighed down by the few words from Romaisa.

Your past is catching on.

She didn't want to stay here a minute longer. She turns around towards him abruptly making him take a step back.

"Please, can I go back?. I don't want to stay here". She pleaded and she never appeared in this way in front of him, "You can call your other secretary in my place. I will handle everything else, just let me leave".

"Laila, calm down". He said confused by her actions, "Why don't we talk after you change?. You will get sick in these wet clothes".

She frowns at his word because she didn't realise her clothes were wet and when she looks at her clothes, they looked terrible. She nodded heading to her room taking a shower to calm her senses as she dried herself, changing into a new pair of clothes.