Chapter 20:"The car chase".

He cannot believe this. This can't be happening.

"You were in love with Laith?" He asked shocked, "It was I who told him you were worthless and all".

She nodded knowing clearly she heard his voice when Laith spoke to him in the room.

He was the one who degraded her before the person she thought she loved.

"B-But that's not the truth". He said after getting back from his initial shock

She frowns, "What do you mean?"

He racks his hand through his hair as he tries to come with the correct words.

"I don't want to say it because it's disgusting". He said sighing as he knows he has to say, "Back in our high school, we had a group of boys who were after several girls. They would use them and throw them away. None of them ever spoke about them so not many know. They would share all the details in the boy's locker room. That was why Zafar always protected Inaya and Akbar did the same with Zainab".

She knows she didn't like where this was going.

"I heard him. I heard Laith". He said gulping as his anger starts to rise, "He was speaking to his friend about some stupid nerd who fell for him in a short time and how he was going to mark you".

That's one way to put it.

"I didn't know who he was speaking about but he mentioned that the girl will come to meet him soon". He said looking at her blank face, "I just did the first thing that came to my mind. I started saying anything and everything that came into my mind so she can hear them and run away. I wanted to make sure that I fill his head with the idea that him chasing after this girl will not do him any good".

He stopped talking as he looks at her who stayed there without any words.

"He was going to use me?" She asked as she shudders in fear of imagining herself in that situation

He holds her hand tightly in his hand, "But he didn't. You are safe. You are far away from him".

Tears brimmed her eyes, "But I hated you. I did so much bad to you. I am sorry, Awais. I am not worthy of you--".

Before she could have said any more words his lips descended on hers.

She blushes when he pulled away and he chuckles wrapping his arms around her closing his eyes to feel all of her.

"I am sorry. I shouldn't have said those words. I am an idiot. I missed you so much". He said kissing his shoulder and she shivers in his touch, "Did you?"

She gulps not being able to find the right words to say as her body ignites on a different fire from his touches. He turns her around claiming her lips again and this time none of them stop from claiming each other.

She moves away from his arms when the sun shines brightly heading to shower and change for the day. She went to the kitchen to start with the breakfast when his arms wrapped around her.

"Why did you leave me?" He asked nuzzling his head in his neck

She shivers, "I am making breakfast. And I have to go to the cafe".

He turns her around, "Is that cafe yours?"

She nodded hesitantly, "Akbar asked me what I wanted to do and the first thing that came to my mind was that I always wished for my own cafe".

"At least that idiot did one right thing". He growled angrily, "I will punch him the next time I see him".

"You should change". She said softly and his eyes continue to look at her mesmerized making her heart pound harshly