Chapter 17:"Twisted red strings".

She looks at the room she was dragged in by their guards. It is like an investigation room with a desk in front of her and she sits on the cold steel chair and the room is extremely good.

With the dress, she is wearing it is hard to even feel a little warmth from it.

She is here for approximately a few hours she doesn't know the time because she can't watch anything. She was dragged here with her eyes covered so there is nothing she got to know. She knows that they can see her from the big glass in front of her though she can't see them.

She shivers holding her hand together as she blows on them.

"You can't keep my wife in there like some God damn criminal". He said barging in the conference room where the other is, after failing to reach her room where she is kept

"You know we eliminate the threat the minute we find it". Akbar said nonchalantly as he drums his finger on the table, "She is still alive, isn't she? She is lucky that she is your wife or she would have been six feet--".

He bangs his hand on the table glaring at Akbar, "She didn't do anything".

He said each word slowly to pressure them hoping it reaches his thick skull.

"The reports say otherwise". Akbar said throwing the files to him and he pushes them away, "You need to calm down while we interrogate this".

"Interrogate? Like those filthy criminals that we catch?". His voice boomed through the painful silence, "She is my wife, so, excuse me while I don't calm down to have her interrogated for something I know she didn't do".

"Fine". Akbar said sighing, "If you cannot place your emotions aside and work with us. You can leave this room while we discuss the issue".

He breathes heavily with the anger building inside him. But knowing that the only way he can get his wife out is to sit here and listen to everything to get the facts right, he sits down on the farthest chair in the room.

"We have the reports already and I will send one of our team members to interview her for it". Akbar said looking at the reports, "We can confirm the facts directly from her because I know none of you will believe me".

He took a deep breath as Akbar press the button below the table and the screen appears where she was kept it. He clenches his hand watching her struggling in that cold room. He knows for a fact that they kept that room extremely cold because the temperature affects the person mind and it is easy to interrogate them.

But his wife wasn't a criminal. She is not a criminal. He wanted to scream it out loud but Akbar being Akbar will probably lock him down too.

He could feel her shivering causing his heart to tighten wanting to embrace her in his arms and if he could, he would have stayed by her side but the most secure part of their building.

They were back home.

He never wished to be back here in this way. She wanted to build their home and he was planning to have them work on it as soon as they arrive.

This was not how he wanted things to be.

Once she was separated from him at the wedding. She was immediately taken away by the team, on a separate plane to their TJC headquarters.

He watches her struggling until their best team leader who has been with them for years and investigating all the traitor or anyone who wanted to harm them.

She gulped visibly when a bluff man walked inside. The threatening look in his eyes and the way he walked towards her throwing the folder jerking her backward as she tries to create as much space as possible from him.