Chapter 18:"Been a long time".

He feels someone shaking him from deep slumber and he groans pulling the duvet over him.

"Get yourself out". Usman snapped as he opens his eyes glaring at him

"What is your problem?". He asked sitting on his bed brushing his hair away

"You have been in this room for four days now". Usman stated

"That's the least I have stayed in from the last two months". He said shrugging as his heart clench at the thought that she left him two months ago, "Why are you annoying me?".

"This is not right, Awais". Usman said sitting on the couch

"You are the one to say". He said rolling his eyes as he stands from the bed and the sudden action caused his head to spin

"That is why I am telling you". Usman snarled, "This is not going to help you".

He groaned, "Leave me alone".

He looks at his phone hoping she sent another message just like she sent one two months ago.

But there was none.

"I don't want to hear--". Usman started when the door banged open

They both jerk startled looking at a very angry Zainab.

"Finally". Zainab said entering inside making a face, "You need to clean yourself before we talk".

"What are you doing?" He asked confused

"I won't repeat next time, trust me". The underlying warning was enough to have him run to the bathroom

He changes into his casual clothes and finds his cleaner cleaning the room. He exits his room heading to the lounge with his phone in his hand as all he wishes for a single text.

He finds them on the dining table with the breakfast and he groans sitting on the table because his head hurts bad.

He silently eats the meal until he couldn't when the thoughts of what she must be doing all by herself occurred. He pushes the food away walking out to the garden.

"Why are you here Zainab". He asked when she stands beside him

"I have to say that my husband is the most irritating man on earth at the moment". Zainab said angrily and he knows his wife has become friends with all the ladies, "That is what happens when he uses 100% of his brain without taking my suggestions".

He smiles slightly, "He is someone I don't wish to meet right now".

"I know".

"Then what?"

"I don't know. Honestly, I tried doing everything to know how or where she is but--".

"But he has kept it all hidden". He completed her sentence because he did suffer in finding it the first month after she left

Zainab sighs, "He is not staying in the house because I kicked him out".

"You don't have to". He said sighing, "I just don't know how long I will stay like this".

"Waiting is painful". Zainab said nodding, "I hope you can take care of yourself because I know wherever she is, she is looking at you".

He nodded, "I will go to work tomorrow. I need a day to myself".

"You know he was trying to protect us all". Zainab added

"That's the only reason I haven't killed him". He stated blankly 

Just as Zainab left he walks inside his house and out to get his car as he drives through the roads. It's been two months of utter madness and pain he has been living in.