Chapter 14:"Wolves?".

His eyes snapped open with pain coursing through his body as he heard someone calling his name. After a few minutes, the doctor appeared in front of him and his mind starts to function ignoring the pain within his body when he realised something.

His wife was in an accident and last he saw she was bleeding.

He pushes the doctor away from him removing the wires on his body as he stepped down from the bed when someone holds his shoulder and he was ready to fight whoever stopped him.

Akbar.

"Let go of me". He snarled pushing his hand away

"I know you want to meet her. But it is of no use". Akbar said making his heart stop

He turns his head looking at him desperately, "S-She didn't--".

Akbar shakes his head sighing, "Let the doctor look at you and I will explain the rest, ok?".

He allowed the doctor to work on his for the next 30 minutes while his heart and mind remain anxious with every negative thought about his wife that occurred to him.

Once the doctor leaves he stands from the bed to leave when Akbar and the others enter inside.

"I am leaving". He said not leaving any chance of arguments

"No, you are not". Akbar said stern glaring at him

"What is wrong with you?. I need to see her". He screamed angrily

"What is wrong with me?". Akbar asked stepping closer to him, "Is the fact that you behaved like an immature idiot who likes to rebel against my orders for no reason".

"I didn't mean for this to happen".

Akbar laughs dryly, "I should keep you here for longer so this desperation you feel and helplessness that you encounter will continue to remind you of what your little rebellious act costed".

He didn't speak.

"You do know that you could have died". Akbar snapped and Zafar holds his hand shaking his head but Akbar pushes his hand away, "It could have taken your wife life if you weren't brought on time".

His heart clenched at the thought of his actions causing something so grave. Even when she changed his way of living over the small-time she had been with him, there are still some parts of him where he continued to live his solo life.

Which almost cost a life this time.

"You have to know better, Awais". Usman said sighing, "We know you have always wanted to enjoy your life and live it to the best. But you are the one who went after her and wanted her in your life".

"He is right. You need to be careful because now you are the one who exposed her to threats and risks that can cost her life. You are the one who git her in this life style where she is never safe. You have to be the one to protect her from them, not take her to them". Zafar said watching the anger on Akbar's face knowing it is not his anger but worry for Awais

"Can you give us a minute?". Akbar asked the others and they nodded walking away

Akbar place his hand on his shoulder making him look at him, "I know you didn't mean it. I have always supported your solo life and never once I asked you to change it". He sighs, "All I am asking is to take care of yourself and not put your life in danger. I can't lose another one of my family".

He nodded understanding, "I promise I won't end up like Kabir".

Akbar inhales sharply, "Don't speak about him like that. He didn't choose that life or what came with it".