Chapter 13:"Parasite".

She looks around her room to find all the ladies gossiping after the event finished. She doesn't even know what to say to them or anything at all.

Why? Because her mind is replaying the event when she came to meet him and he looked so excited but after that call, he looked sad.

Because the door knocked at that moment, he went away without hearing her say anything but did she have anything to say?

She doesn't know why she feels the need to meet him and somehow bring the playful Awais back but she needs to do it. She looks at her dried henna loving the pattern of it and his name hidden in it perfectly. After the ladies went out, she quickly went to the bathroom changing, showering and removing the henna from her hands which left a dark colour already.

She smiles wearing her oversized jersey and white trouser sending him a text to know where he is pacing around the room wondering if she should just call him since he hasn't replied for exactly 1 minute and 40 seconds now.

She is anxious because she never count time like this and here she is doing it.

Exactly at 2 minutes, he replied,

Come to the pool in the basement. Make sure no one follows.

His words felt like ice making her shiver as she opens the door silently walking through the dark house, cursing that it has to be this long for no reason.

"What are you doing?". She heard someone say as she turns around to find Zaina standing behind her with her teddy bear in her hand rubbing her eyes, "Are you going for snacks?".

"Snacks?". She asked confused

Zaina nodded, "Baba sometimes wakes me in the middle of the night taking me to our secret place to have some snacks".

"I am not going to have any snacks. Just fresh air". She said nervously as she wishes that she can leave from here

Zaina gasp, "You cannot tell mommy. Baba said it is between us, please".

She smiles knowing Akbar just do it for him to have something special with his daughter, "I won't tell anyone if you don't tell anyone that you saw me here. Deal?".

Zaina nodded heading back to her room and she releases a sigh navigating her way through the stairs going to the basement as she looks amazed at the pool in front of her.

Her head turns to the side where the couch was to find him sitting there with no emotions on his face and he do looks like a member of the top tier right now. Whenever they are in public, meetings or anywhere away from their families, they are all just cold, hard and stone men.

"I should have known that your place won't have a regular pool". She said trying to melt the ice as she moves to stands in front of him

His eyes turn to her, "Why do you want to see me?".

She gulps feeling her heart beating loudly at how unfamiliar he looks and she wonders if she were to ever hurt him again, will he become this cold?

"I just wanted to explain". She said smiling tightly, "Can you give me a few minutes?".

"I wouldn't be here if I wasn't going to give you my time".

She nodded hesitating as she holds her hand together, "I won't say much but I didn't like you in high school and Rohan is the one who knows about it".

"Why didn't you liked me?. I don't think I ever hurt you?".

"That is in the past and I don't want to repeat that". She said shrugging, "The point is that Rohan is still holding me onto that hate I had for you and he said he wants to know why I agreed to this marriage".