Chapter 16:"The pleasure of cuddles".

His father left apologising to her for shaking the volcano that hasn't exploded yet. She can feel the tension in the air and she wants to hide somewhere from it.

"Laila". He said and she knows that tone wasn't very pleasing

She closes her eyes, "It's true".

"Why?".

"I-I don't know, Awais". She said frustrated, "I had to stay on streets whenever they feel like I have done something wrong and other days to save myself from their wrath".

She can feel the anger oozing from his calm demeanour leaning on the wall.

"Tell me in detail".

She explained how since she turned 8, she was continuously abused and she didn't know what was happening to her until at 12 they started to throw her on the streets even if she were to break a plate or glass. It started with her sister accidentally pushing her and the plate falling on the ground and she had to spend the whole night on the street across from her house on a cold night.

He takes a long stride towards her sitting in front of her. She feels his finger under her chin raising her head. His eyes held nothing short of fury in them.

"Just so you know". He started in a thick tone, "I am not going to go easy on them".

She holds his hand nodding, "I don't know why they didn't throw me in an orphanage if I was an orphan, to begin with".

"Whatever it was is in the past". He said wrapping his arms around her petite figure, "Now you have me and I will never hurt you".

She nodded smiling slightly as she looks at the man who is becoming something more than she wished for and that scares her.

"Will you be able to stay until the end?". She asked looking at their hands that were intertwined

"I will stay, no matter what".

The next few days went by in their hospital reports and tests before she was free to leave the hospital.

"Inaya's brother is getting married". Awais said opening the door of his car for her helping her to sit inside

She places the belt on her, "We are attending it? Don't we have an appointment for tomorrow back home?".

He smiles when she calls his home her home, "I cancelled the meeting for another day. You can arrange it once we are back".

She nodded looking out of the window, "How many functions is he doing?".

"We are attending the main event so it's just one for us. I didn't want to stress you with the preparation of each day and I know you don't like dressing up that much". He said as he starts to drive

She feels his hand moving to take her hand that was in her lap as he kisses them placing them in the middle and his thumb continued to draw on the backside of her hand making her heart flutter.

"You like holding my hand, don't you? Do you have a secret obsession over it?". She teases watching a laugh escape his lips

"I like everything about you, my hiccup". He said as he turns the car with his one hand that was on the steering wheel

She turns to cross her leg on the seat something she knows he dislikes but all he did was send her a warm smile looking in front again. She takes this time to look at him as his muscle moves with his every action and the vein-popping making her gulp. Even when his injuries on his face didn't heal, she can still say that he looks just as handsome. His eyebrows have a slight cut from the accident and his beautiful eyes shining under the long eyelashes. His red lips look delicious and she flushes when she remembers that she has indeed tasted them once, would there be a next time?