Chapter 10 - Karasuno

As the Karasuno volleyball team are currently preparing for practice in their school gymnasium, the metal doors slide open and in comes their advisor, Ittetsu Takeda. Upon Takeda's arrival, the third year captain of the team, Sawumara Daichi, calls for everyone to gather around and pay attention. "Afternoon, everyone."

"Yo," a second person dips in beside Takeda, casually stuffing his hands in his pockets and his slightly lengthy blond hair being held back by a thin wire over his scalp.

Takeda smiles brightly, hazel eyes twinkling behind his glasses. "Allow me to introduce you to Ukai-kun, your coach as of today."

The team of boys all gasp in unison, confused tension swarming the air within the room. They've never really had a coach before, after all, and that surname held a lot of weight. Daichi is the first person to step forwards and say something. "C-Coach? Do you mean it?"

"Only for the duration of your game with Nekoma," Ukai explains, gazing down on him.

"Wait a minute," Tanaka blurts out, pointing at their new coach. "He's the guy who runs the hill-bottom convenience store, isn't he? Is he really gonna be our coach?"

Takeda answers this question lightly, his voice feathery. "He is a Karasuno graduate and the grandson of the famous Coach Ukai."

"WHAT!?"

Hinata breaks free from his team's chorus of exclamations, booking it over to Ukai. "But isn't your store called the Sakanoshita Store!? Not Ukai!? S-Sir!?"

Ukai blinks. "The store comes from my mom's side of the family. Now, there's no time to waste. We should be getting started! I want to see you guys play, so I've organized a match to be played here at 6:30. I've already called in your opponents."

"Huh? Opponents?" Daichi repeats, perplexed.

"The Karasuno Neighborhood Association Team," Ukai smirks proudly. "Oh! And seeing as this is your Golden Week Training Camp, I've also brought it upon myself to call in a personal trainer for the week. She should be getting here any second-..."

Timing appears to be magical on this day, for just as he says this, quick and light footsteps can be heard from outside the gym. Up the few concrete steps they tap and soon thereafter, the gym doors slide back open, revealing a trainer that not a single one of the Karasuno boys could've ever imagined with the time that they had.

There, standing in the entryway, shoulders slightly heaving as she catches her breath, is a teenage girl wearing a Seirin High School Uniform, clutching a black athletic bag over her left shoulder. No ordinary teenage girl, however, but a girl, nonetheless. That's enough to rile Nishinoya and Tanaka up, but the rest of her even gets the rest of the team a bit excited.

Her uniform jacket may be labeled Seirin High School on it, but the school as well as the uniform itself is foreign to the boys. They've never heard of it before, much less seen it. She must not be from around the Miyagi Prefecture. In any case, the uniform consists of a light yellow sweater over a white button up, paired with a very short white skirt, leaving little to the imagination when it came to her legs.

Which are neverending, the boys conclude as they stare. She has clear and healthy skin, the tone making it hard to believe she's even Japanese; most of them are beginning to question if she could be. Though rather short in stature, her legs are long and lean in proportion, defined muscles clearly indicating that she works out. Her brown school shoes are neat and barely scuffed, which is hard to believe after she must've just run to the gym.

Her hair is so incredibly luscious looking that half of them give into an urge to reach out and stroke it against their will. Its [H/L] length frames her face shape beautifully; and it appears she knows the perfect way to style it in order to suit her appearance. The [H/C] shade of it coincides with her beauty so well, bringing even more attention inwards towards her mesmerizing face.