Chapter 11 - Golden Week

It's 5:30 in the morning and the first day of Golden Week. You'd think I'd take my days off of school to at least sleep in, but I guess that's out of the picture. With a solid yawn, I make my way out of my apartment carrying several bags I threw together after getting home late last night; then I'd worked on a couple things for the basketball team before realizing it's already five and I should probably get going, seeing as I have several stops to make along the way back to the Miyagi Prefecture.

Locking up behind me, I readjust all the baggage I carry and make my way to the elevator, glad to see that I'm the only one awake this early in the morning, which means I don't have to suffer the awkward small talk that all the business men living in this building try to make with me. Instead, I throw two of my bags on the floor and relax a bit, pressing the button that will take me down to the ground floor and allowing the soft elevator music to go through one ear and out the other.

The trip will take awhile, seeing as I live on the top floor. Therefore, I take the time I have to look over myself, seeing as every wall in the elevator is made out of reflective glass. Damn, I'm such a mess. Dressed in a pair of fitted gray leggings and a pair of white air force ones, I had quickly thrown one of my old high school sweatshirts on, hood over my head to hide my disheveled hair.

Suddenly, a familiar ding reaches my ears, startling me as the doors slide open. Rolling my eyes at my own drift of mind, I return the bags on the floor to my grasp and shuffle out of the elevator and into the main lobby.

With a quick and polite nod to the three receptionists working this morning, I make my way to the garage instead of the main entrance. This private garage is for inhabitant use only, with the few exceptions for guests. I head over to my familiar honda civic and unlock it, the horn chirping once to indicate I have done so successfully. Popping the trunk, I throw a couple of the bigger and heavier bags in with a grunt. Slamming the boot shut, I make my way to the back and throw the remainder of the bags in the seats, seeing as no one will be sitting there.

All the bags off my shoulders, I let out a sigh of relief as I plop down into the driver's seat, taking a moment to relax and catch my breath. Pulling out my cell, which I haven't checked all night, I turn it on in order to connect the bluetooth to my radio; therefore, I'm surprised by all the notifications I've received in the past couple of hours.

Every text message is from an unknown sender, so I check them all carefully. The first one I open reads:

'Sorry for texting you so late, [Name], but this is Sugawara Koshi from the volleyball team. Just thought I'd make sure your number worked before the first day of camp tomorrow. See you then :)'

I can't help but smile a bit, remembering the gentle looking silver haired one. His texting personality fits his in-life personality well. Realizing that most of these texts are probably from the Karasuno volleyball team, I skim through them quickly.

'This is Sawamura Daichi. I hope my team is treating you with respect; sorry if they aren't. See you tomorrow.'

'[Name]! It's Hinata Shoyo! Remember me? Can't wait to see you tomorrow and your awesome volleyball skills! You're so cool! I want you to teach me everything you know! I'M SO EXCITED!'

'[Name]! You're the first girl to have ever given me her number willingly! It's Tanaka, by the way.'

'Thought I'd try texting you before tomorrow. It's Ennoshita, so don't freak out :)'

'[NAAAAAAAAAAAMMEEEEE]! It's Nishinoya, but feel free to call me Noya ;) Also I want to receive more of your serves this week! And I have to see you in action as a libero! I didn't get to see you take any receives today, and I'm disappointed because I looked you up online and it says you were really good at it but you quit volleyball last year :( Anyway, see you tomorrow morning, [Name]!'