Chapter 14 - Divulgence

As the buzzer goes off to end the fourth quarter, the crowd hollering loudly for Touou, Aomine smirks and faces [Name], who's face remains devoid of any emotion; however, he noticed the white blotchiness of her knuckles as she clutches her clipboard to her chest. Kuroko passes her as he takes a seat next to Kagami, towel still over his head. [Name] does the same for the phantom player, throwing a white rag over his blue hair as well in case he wants privacy. And Kuroko seems to be grateful for it, not removing it as he stares at his lap.

Up in the stands, Takao stands from his seat in disbelief. "They doubled their score...? Imagine how badly we would have lost if Touou beat Seirin this badly..."

Meanwhile, Midorima seems to have nothing to say, brows cross as he turns to leave. "Later, Kise."

"Seriously!?" said blond turns to face him, Midorima stopping to listen to what he has to say. "Are you not shocked by these results?"

"It doesn't matter," Midorima peers over the railing, nodding at one of the players on the Seirin bench, towel covering his head as he leans over his lap, hands folded. "You should be more concerned about Kuroko than me."

"Huh...?" Kise looks at the defeated player on the bench.

"Kuroko's basketball was utterly useless against Aomine. All that he believes in was just proven wrong in forty minutes," Midorima explains. "It won't be easy for him or his team to come back from such a devastating loss overnight. We can only hope it won't affect the remainder of their season."

Aomine clears his throat loudly, quickly getting [Name]'s attention as he grins at her. "I want a real challenge. This court is still open; there's no more games after this one for today. What do you say, [Last Name]-san? I want a proper one-on-one; I want to face you at your best."

The manager looks at him with her emotionless stare once again as she hands a water bottle to Tsuchida, her eyebrows furrowing ever so slightly as she frowns. As she's about to open her mouth to respond, she's tentatively interrupted.

"Uh, [Name]-san?" Furihata tries to get her attention meekly, pointing at her bag by the bench. "I think your phone is ringing."

Prying her eyes away from Aomine, [Name] pulls the cell out and looks at the contact. As soon as she sees who it is, her eyes widen and she quickly turns to Riko. "I'm sorry. This is important. I have to take this privately. I'll meet you guys in the locker rooms."

Looking rather distraught, Riko nods, and [Name] takes one last cold look at Aomine as she runs off the court to a more private location, answering the call and raising the phone to her ear. His eyes follow her the entire way, frowning as she goes.

As the teams head into their respective locker rooms and begin changing, one of the Touou first years who doesn't play first string begins talking a bit of smack. "I mean, I expected Seiring to be a lot better, didn't you? How the fuck did they crush two kings in one day? Seiho and Shutoku back to back? I can barely believe that after watching play so horribly today. I expected them to put up more of a challenge, but I'm honestly disappointed. Especially that No. 11 guy; Kuroko, right? He played like absolute shit at the end! After hearing all about him as a member of Teiko's first string, I expected him to actually be good, but he was absolute trash-..."

Before the benchwarmer can even finish his sentence, Aomine grabs him by his collar and slams him into the lockers, his glare at the kid more than just menacing. "You sure talk a lot for someone who didn't play. It's annoying, so shut the fuck up."

"Aomine!" Wakamatsu scolds. "The hell are you doing!? Put him down!"

Growling, Aomine glares at him one last time before throwing the kid down on the tile and walking out of the locker room without another word. Momoi sighs as she watches him go, but can't help but be proud of him for sticking up for his former teammate.