Chapter 19 - Conflict

The following week is full of exams for Karasuno, and on Thursday, they're finally finished. [Name] constantly calls to check in and ask how everyone thought they did after every single one. And Takeda has been receiving calls all week from people who have been seeing the posters she and Yachi had put together and making donations to the club. Friday, the exams are handed back, completely graded, and the imbecilic quartet pray for their lives.

In the end, while Tanaka and Nishinoya barely scraped by with passing scores, Kageyama and Hinata both ended up failing just one of their exams: English.

Suga sighs. "Hinata, you failed English? But you were so confident."

"Apparently, he only figured out a minute before the exam ended that he filled in his scantron answers one off," Tsukishima explains, his tone almost sounding...sad. As if he holds pity for the poor boy.

As the two mope in the club room, [Name] bursts in without warning, having gotten the news from Daichi moments earlier. Some of the boys screech in surprise, seeing as they're standing in their underwear and changing, but [Name] doesn't even bother to notice them as she approaches Hinata and grabs his exam sheet from him, looking over it thoroughly. Tears form in her eyes as she tosses it aside and grabs the hopeless Hinata by his shoulders, shaking him as she tells him, "ALL YOUR ANSWERS WERE RIGHT, HINA-CHAN! YOU DID SO WELL!"

Daichi sighs as he watches Hinata sob while [Name] shakes him to try and cheer him up. "As for Kageyama's problem, the exam this year focused on reading comprehension rather than the definitions he worked so hard on memorizing."

[Name] then looks at Kageyama's answer sheet before shaking him with teary eyes too. "Tobio, you scored perfect on the short answer portion of the exam! Your studying paid off, it's the education system's fault you failed! How can I convince their English teacher to let them go to Tokyo? Do you think she takes bribes? I can do anything, what does she want? Wealth? Popularity? Fame? Oh! Sexual favors?"

At that last offer, the boys burst into flames, blushing as Kageyama ceases her shaking by grabbing her wrists and slapping her over the head. "D-Don't say such crude things, i-idiot!"

She blinks, rubbing the area he hit. "But I've seen your English teacher before, Tobio. She's hot as fuck."

Tanaka screeches, face tomato red as he begins shaking the girl by her shoulders. "[N-Name]-san, don't tell me you swing the other way!?"

At this, she can't hold her facade any longer, bursting into giggles. "Why, I swing both ways, Tanaka-senpai. Though, I was kidding about your English teacher. I'm afraid that I may be a bit too young for her."

The shaved left wing blinks a couple times before he and Nishinoya collapse into a blushing stuttering mess; for some odd reason, knowing that [Name] swings not just one way, but multiple ways made her ten times more attractive in their eyes.

"Does that mean your bisexual, [Name]-san?" Suga wonders aloud.

"I could care less what you decide to label it. I suppose I'm open to anyone as long as their heart is in the right place," she shrugs.

As [Name] timidly picks at her fingernails and stares at the floor, the majority of the boys blush after hearing what she had to say. Of course they've been close with the girl for a good while, now, but none of them expected her to open up about her sexuality to them quite like that. Tanaka and Nishinoya continue to squirm, seeing as it's not just both ways, anymore, but all ways, to an extent. Meanwhile, Kageyama and Hinata are too busy planning on how to get to Tokyo on their own to be paying attention to the incredibly eye-opening conversation, seeing as the team bus would be leaving before supplementary classes would be over.