Chapter 24 - Surprise

The next morning, the bus drops off the entire Seirin team at the beach, where they file off with their packed bags one-by-one. Yawning, Hyuga rubs his eyes and basks in the warm sunlight above. "Riko, didn't you say that [Name]-san would be meeting us here?"

"Oh, yes!" Riko remembers this quickly. "She should be in the guesthouse lobby-..."

"Hey, what do you think's going on over there?" Kiyoshi hums, pointing at a mob of guys in the parking lot of the hotel they're booked to stay at, which is directly on the beach. "What do you think all the fuss is about?"

Upon closer inspection, the team notices that all the boys in their swim trunks surround a small black sedan, a car which is very familiar to them. The basketball boys all become a bit irked when they find [Name] sitting on the hood, dressed in an olive cropped tank top and a pair of denim shorts, flip flops hanging from her toes, nails painted white in color. And even as all the boys are trying to come onto her, she only sits there and smiles politely, too oblivious to shoo them away.

Therefore, Kagami and Izuki do it for her, growling as they begin shoving the dudes away. Upon the yelling and commotion, [Name] turns to see what the cause of the chaos is, grinning when she recognizes her saviors.

"Taiga! Izu-chan!" She leaps off the hood of the car, ignoring the flirtatious group of boys she had just been conversing with in order to tackle the two onto the scalding cement. "I missed you guys so much!"

The former narrows his eyes at her, laying on top of them both. "The fuck? Why do you have a black eye!? Which one of these fuckers gave it to you, point them out-...!"

"It's not like that, Taiga," [Name] shushes him in amusement. "Remember Kageyama Tobio? He backhanded me about a week ago."

"....That bastard!-..."

"Calm down, Taiga!" [Name] scolds him, playfully whacking him over the head. "It was an accident and he already apologized! No big deal."

As Kagami shoves her off angrily, red in the face as he stands up and begins telling the beach dudes off for messing with his manager, Izuki greedily hugs the girl all to himself. "Aw, you missed me, [Nickname]-chan!? I missed you, too!"

[Name] giggles as they stand, the crowd begrudgingly dispersing thanks to Kagami's intimidating height and scowl. And eventually, the rest of the team joins them, all greeting their manager after her being gone with Karasuno for so long. "Riko-chan!"

"[Name]-chan!" the coach and manager hug it out cutely, as two adorable girls would.

"Jun-senpai!" [Name] jumps up to embrace the captain, hanging from his neck lazily with her weight causing him to double over a bit. "Could you manage to keep everyone in check while I was away?"

"Naturally," he rolls his eyes smugly before ruffling up her hair.

"Rin-senpai, you got a haircut!" she gasps, in which the mute boy kneels down in order for her to run her fingers through his black tresses. "I like it! It's very clean!"

"[Name]-chan! Don't forget about me!" Koganei whines, tickling her waist from behind and causing her to burst out laughing.

"Stop it, Koga-senpai!" she snorts, turning around and shoving him away playfully.

"Aw, I missed hearing you call me that!" he swoons sarcastically.

Rolling her eyes, [Name] faces the first years with a grin, performing her secret handshake with each of them cheerfully. Then she jumps up and high fives Tsuchida. "How's your lady friend, Tsuchi-senpai? Did you hang out a lot over break?"