Chapter 25 - Sunscreen

"That was so cool, [Name]-san!" Tanaka hollers after they finish the set, tackling her into the sand. "Way to go!"

"Wah! [Name]-chan, you're too good! How'd you do that!?" Hinata also ducks under the net to kneel in the sand beside her., praising her despite having been on the opposing team. "The way you 'powed' it straight down like that was awesome!"

"Haha, good game, you guys! It was fun!" [Name] giggles in the sand with them before turning her gaze to Nishinoya a short ways away. Grinning, she scrambles to her feet and bolts towards him, arms over her head as she cheers. "Noya-senpai! You received my serve like it was nothing!"

Eyes wide, he blushes with a jubilant grin as she tackles him into the sand, straddling him with a cute smile. "Yeah, I did! Didn't I look cool!? Didn't I!?"

"The coolest!" she agrees, ruffling his hair playfully.

"Then let's play again!" he suggests. "Another set! I wanna receive some more of your serves!"

"Well-..."

"Oya? Another set? Can we join?"

Looking over her shoulder, [Name]'s eyes widen when she sees Bokuto standing behind her, wearing a pair of blue swim trunks and holding a travel bag over his shoulder with a grin. Smiling herself, [Name] jumps up from on top of Nishinoya and stands before the Fukurodani ace. "Bokkun!"

Said spiker pouts playfully. "The Karasuno guys get hugs from you, but not me? No fair, [Name]-chan..."

Giggling, she jumps up and hooks her arms around his neck, her feet dangling a couple inches from the ground as she hangs from him. "I never say no to a hug, silly!"

"Me either!" Bokuto smugly wraps his free arm around her, oblivious to the glare Nishinoya sends him as he gets back up from the sand. Bokuto sets her down eventually, still smirking. "Glad I get to see you again, [Name]-chan! When you told us you'd be at the beach, Kuroo-kun and I couldn't resist asking our coaches to extend the trip here! It'll be so much fun, don'tcha think!?"

"Mm Hmm! I'm glad you're all here!" [Name] beams, eying as the Nekoma bus pulls up beside the Fukurodani one outside the hotel. "You guys can meet my basketball team, too!"

Bokuto's eyes shimmer in a childlike manner. "Oh!? That's right, I forgot you were here with them for a second! You've told me so much about them, they seem so cool! I wanna meet the tall, grumpy ace you talked about during the barbecue!"

"Eh?" Kagami, drenched in sweat, arches a brow from behind Bokuto, gaining his and the manager before him's attention. "Tall, grumpy ace? What's that shit about, huh, [Name]?"

Completely unintimidated, [Name] blinks before pointing at Kagami. "I forgot to add hotheaded."

Bokuto snickers as Kagami fumes, proving [Name]'s point as he ruffles up her hair mercilessly. "Idiot! Don't go talking shit to all your little volleyball friends, dumbass! I could flatten you if I wanted to!"

[Name] giggles, wrenching his hand out of her hair as she smiles at the playful threat, which he'd never follow through with. "Well, I wouldn't exactly call the Bokuto Koutarou 'little', Taiga. He's one of the top four high school volleyball aces in Japan, you know. And our senpai, so be respectful."

Kagami arches a brow at this, turning to face Bokuto, who folds his arms proudly at the compliment. "Aww, you don't have to tell him that, [Name]-chan! I'm very humble, you know! It's not like I'm top three, or anything!"

"That's because you lost your spot last year," Akaashi's monotone voice drifts beside them, and [Name] beams at the setter in navy swim trunks. Bokuto, however, is floored by the comment from his own teammate. "Now you're fourth."