twenty three: hurt

Theia POV

I groaned and turned to my side, hoping to feel a familiar figure and ignoring the excruciating pain i was feeling in my chest. I gripped the sheets tightly when I felt the emptiness of the space next to me. I had hoped it was a dream, that everything that had happened was just the illusion of my greatest fears. I laid on my back and sat up, burying my head between my legs before releasing the tears that formed around my eyes.

An ocean of questions swarmed my head, where could she have gone? i longed for the answers and replayed our last moments together, hoping to find an answer, some kind of reason but she left me with more emptiness that i had ever felt. i wanted to hate her, i wanted to forget about her but i couldnt. I dug my fingernails into the palm of my hands every time i heard her voice echo in my head, her smile.

if she wasn't mine to keep forever, then why does losing her feel like this?

She was my second chance, she was supposed to be mine forever.

I sighed and leaned on my back, I had my back against the bed frame as i pounded hard on my chest in hopes that the pain would stop. Hoping i would feel a physical pain instead of this awful, gut-wrenching pain that felt like my heart was soon to stop beating.

A knock was heard and echoed in my chambers, "Leave!" I ordered but the person on the opposite side turned the knob and pushed the door, Casie stood on the other side with a sorrowful look that almost mirrored mine.

"Please tell me it's not real" She whispered as she entered my chambers and i looked away from her gaze and shifted my view to the grey clouds that covered our kingdom. I wiped my nose and closed my eyes, hearing her footsteps enter my room and the creak of the door slowly closing. I let out a sob before biting my lips, I nodded my head and i heard as she slid down the door and sniffed, she let out soft cries as i sat there, slowly turning emotionless, with my cheeks bright red and my eyes dry, i stayed still hearing her cry as the tears dried on my cheeks.

I slowly got off the bed, staring in a daze as i made my way out of my chambers, leaving Casie and heading towards the garden that once reminded me of so many precious moments. Once i stood in front of the garden, i tore all of the lilies apart, the roses and every living flower that were once so delicate and innocent. I screamed the pain and tears continued to fall down the side of my cheeks, i kicked the grasses and grabbed a handful of roses before pulling them out of their stem, i flinched as a thorn from one of the roses pinched me and a small amount of blood formed around my finger. I stumbled back and slowly sat down and watched the scene of the destroyed garden, barely wanting to remembering its beauty.

i failed to notice a small figure sit beside me and take my hands until i twisted my head to the right and watched as Lily delicately places a small bandage around my finger.

"Why are you sad?" She asked which made me sigh louder and the pounding of my chest echoed louder in my ear. "Because something as simple as love could just destroy you and makes you miserable" I answered her in a tired and whispering tone

"But my mama loved my papa, but they were not sad" I looked into her eyes, those eyes that resembled Lamia's and it broke my heart even more.

"I loved her too" but i ended up so miserable. Lily nodded though i knew she didn't understand it yet she placed her head and leaned in against my arms. We sat in silence until the weather became too cold for both of us and rain has just started pouring down. I felt each drop on my head and covered Lily, making our way back to the castle. Maximus along with Casie called for me to rest inside. In pure tiredness, i approached Casie who was still too tired yet managed to compose herself.

Maximus walked beside me as i dragged myself back to my chamber, "Your Majesty, there are still matter to attend to" I sighed and massaged my forehead before nodding and following him to the meeting room.