twenty: hers were on mine

I turned to my side and groaned before slowly opening my eyes expecting a figure next to me only to come across an empty space on the bed. I frowned and leaned on both my elbow scanning the whole chamber and finally turning my head back and there she was. I sighed quietly before taking the blanket off me letting my feet hit the cold floor. My movement didn't seem to bother her as she stood staring outside the window mouth gaped slightly open. I approached the beauty I couldn't seem to get tired of and as I neared her my arm went on each side of her waist before leaning my head on her left shoulder. I inhaled feeling her figure jump back slightly and relax right after. When she turned her head to the side in attempt to look at me, I quickly placed a kiss on her lips before pulling back with a smile. Her hands touched her lips and looked down. I chuckled and did the same with her cheeks, lingering for awhile.

i couldn't remember the last time that a morning felt so calming

"Good morning" I mumbled pulling back, her mouth opened and closed for a few times as she struggled to respond. There was a comfortable silence between us as we continued to stare at each other and getting lost in the way.

"Hi" I heard a small voice come from her making my smile widen turning my head to the window. The winter felt once again long, snow covered the grass, the trees filled with the colour of white, and the horizon no longer shined with rays of sunlight. We were once again silenced staring at the mystery of winter with the hushed whsipers of the wind filling the room with noises. A motion from outside must have caught Lamia's eyes as she looked up suddenly and approached closer when snow had started falling, her smile grew placing one of her hand on the cold glass while the other that held mine squeezed in excitement.

"It's snowing" She exclaimed intently watching as snow fell softly from the sky. I remained staring at her noticing the little expressions she made, "It's beautiful" She whispered.

"I know" I replied only staring at her as she once again made my heart beat faster than it was, I leaned closer to her tilting my head resting it on her neck while I turned my gaze the the snow, at the back of my head I could still remember the painful memories of my past during that winter.

They're everywhere!

I hear a soldier's voice followed by a scream, it was coming back again. I shut my eyes wanting to quiet the voice in my head but only to fail like always. But it was suddenly different. A pair of soft hands rested on mine, the voices seemed to disappear slowly quieting down. I opened my eyes to find Lamia's ones on me knowing she noticed the moment I had, my eyes trialed down to our hands rested on each other on her front. She caressed them slowly and continued to look at me.

"Everything ok?" She asked after a while and I reminded silent giving her a nod followed by a heavy sigh, I closed my eyes embracing her on my arms and enjoyed the feeling of calmness with her presence.

A moment that was soon interrupted by a knock on the door, "Your Majesty?" A familiar voice said on the other said, Maximus knocked again before clearing his throat, "Your Majesty?" He asked again. I rolled my eyes and looked at Lamia who stared at me amused as she pulled away from my arms and turned towards the opening door. I brushed my hair before turning as well to find Maximus holding the door knob. He stared in my direction before glancing towards Lamia, he cleared his throat, straightened his posture then bowed.

"Your Majesties, the Generals will be staying in their Sections today for safety due to the snow storm" I sigh at his words not waning to waste a day in preparation of the war

"And our soldiers will continue to train?" I asked. He nodded assuringly, "Yes they will be safely training indoors" This time I nodded at him.

"That's good, thank you Maximus. We'll be down shortly for breakfast" I waved my hand to dismiss him and watched as he bowed and left. I turned my head to Lamia who was already staring at me, she looked down once I caught her making me smile. I approached her and held her head with both of my hands and gently placing a kiss on her forehead. I looked down at her and just stared, still capturing me with her beauty. I gently leaned in the direction of her lips until there was only a small gap between us, a gap she filled as she leaned in before another knock interrupted our moment. I angrily gazed towards the door watching as it opened slowly and on the other side was Casie along with other maidens. I slightly glared at Casie who only smirked in return before bowing.