fourteen: shell

Birds chirped loudly outside and I groaned feeling the sun on my face. I tried to move away from the light but an arm wrapped my waist prevented me from doing so. I opened my eyes instantly and saw Lamia resting her head on my shoulder. Instead of moving, I gently laid back down, carefully so I wouldn't waker her up. I remember what had happened last night and smiled, I was happy but still scared. But right now, with moments like this, with her, I learned to appreciate it more so I stayed staring at her pale angelic face. I could see the freckles and the cute mole she had just below her left eye. My eyes slightly softened looking at her, I noticed that the sun on her face was making her groan so I raised my palms to form a shadow on her face, the light no longer irritating the girl in my arms.

'Pretty'

Athena uttered as she also admired her mate and looked satisfied that she was near us.

I lost track of how long I stayed staring at her but before I knew it, her beautiful brown eyes were staring at me as she stretched, making cute little morning noises. I chuckled slightly at her as I sat up, turning back to her and helping her sit up as well. Her head rested on my shoulder as we sat up, her soft hands finding my own and I rested them on my thigh.

"Good morning" I whispered before quickly placing a kiss on her forehead, she looked up smiling brightly, "Morning" I awed at her tone, her eyes were more brown when the light shined on them.

"Breakfast?" I asked as she was about to reply both of our stomachs growled making us laugh lightly. A soft knock on the door brought us back and Maximus came in with a surprise expression when he saw Lamia on the bed. Lamia looked down blushing and I only smiled at her and turned towards Maximus.

"Your Majesties, breakfast is ready. Would you like to get dressed this time or after meal?" He asked, I looked at Lamia who shrugged and buried her face on my neck.

"We'll get ready now" Maximus nodded briefly and left. I got up from my bed and turned towards Lamia playfully offering her my hand and bowing. "Shall we Your Majesty?" I asked watching her cheeks turn bright red. She only nodded making me smirk slightly as we exited my chamber.

I led her outside my chamber letting her get dressed as well, and as usual maidens entered mine. After a while, I stood in front of the mirror once again this time wearing my aqua blue pants that was loose around my legs, white blouse and aqua blue coat that fell to the side of my legs. A maiden put a small crown on my head and satisfied, I walked out.

Just as I turned to the direction of her chamber, I froze. She was already standing outside the brown door. Lamia wore a simple white dress that flowed just on her knees. It was simply yet it managed leave me speechless. Her honey brown eyes stood out with the outfit. I approached her slowly and cleared my throat, showing her the direction to the dining room. She chuckled making me do so as well.

As we walked down the halls, her hands were no longer in mine and we walked in a comfortable silence. She was watching the skies outside, amused by the bird singing and every little thing, while I was watching her, my hands rested on my back as we continued to walk. As we neared the dining room, Maximus stopped me midway and bowed. I gestured for Lamia to enter first before turning to Maximus and nodding at him.

"Phase 2 of the training will commence shortly after and it had been decided that a solo battle will occur" My hand tightened together but I managed to compose myself and nod.

"Than you for the information, I will see you shortly" I didn't wait for his reply as I walked inside the dining. Maidens and guards filled the table once again making me feel better, everyone stood up upon my arrival and waited until I sat down, going back to their conversations. Lamia and Casie were already talking amongst themselves.