seven: not lonely

Lamia POV

I was confused, when she pulled me into her but somehow I felt safer and a little calmer. Her hands that were slightly larger than mine rested behind my neck, they got tighter and then looser before she pulled back. I do not get her at all, I looked into her bright blue ocean eyes and voiced at my thought, "Are you a bad person?" She breathed out a soft chuckle before biting her lip.

"I don't know" She brushed my hair keeping her other arm around my waist all the while, mine were tucked at my side. "What do you think?" She whispered intently.

"They say that you are" Her eyes twitched slightly but she looked down and loosened her grip on me, i had to keep my balance to stand upright. She cleared her throat and rested her hands at her back, I tilted my head to the side and frowned at her, "But I think you are not" I answered bringing my hand on her chest feeling her heart pound. "This is good" bringing my hand onto her head "This is bad" I retracted my hand and shook my head "and i'm confused about it" I uttered scratching my head.

Slowly she leaned in and smiled slightly at me with those eyes, "What are you confused about?" bending down to my height. I was not aware that my hand was going to rest on her cheek, but when I did, she froze and I could see her tense and her hand shook for awhile but she stretched them and balled them into a fast. I brushed her cheek because after 10 years I felt like the world isn't against me, that my life wasn't as bad as it was. it felt like it was just her and i.

Her and i against whatever the world had on us.

But I pulled back because I knew she wasn't going to last as well. They never do, one day she's going to wake up, forget about me and give me away too. They always do.

Though, she stepped forward every time I took one back, she brought her hands to reach mine but I pulled them back and turned around, my back facing hers. "I do not like confusing" I uttered under my breather unsure if she had heard. But I could her heart pounding faster and faster but I did not want to stay for long. With a fall of a tear I ran further into the forest without looking back.

What is this feeling? it made me feel weak to my knees, I stopped at a cliff and fell on my knees. I scrunched in confusion and laid on my back.

Mate

Lisa uttered knowing what had happened but she had always preferred to keep hidden. I did not have a clue what a Mate was, sure I heard stories but I cannot accept one for me, I cannot let myself believe that what I'm feeling is meant for me.

"I see it now" A voice behind me startled me, I sat up and looked back only to see Casie walking towards me. "I don't know if the others saw it, but I did" She just made me more confused that I wanted and I hate confusing.

"What did you see?" I asked as she sat down next to me, "The bond between you and the Queen?" She looked at me dumfounded "I thought you would have already known" She added and I only shook my head.

"Casie?" I called out to her, "What's a mate?" I asked which only made her look at me sympathetically "Don't look at me like that please?" I pleaded my face showing desperation. she nodded and looked away.

"A mate?" She questioned, "Well they are your other half, soulmates, the one you share a special bond with" She looked at me only to see my confused face, tilted yet interested, "Let's see, well it's the one person in the world who'll know you better than anyone else" I shook my head and looked down. I have realised that I will never really understand what a mate is. "You see, the goddess thought that a wolf by herself was lonely, so she created mates to make sure that we are not so lonely anymore." I looked at her thankful that she made it a little less confusing, "Thank you, but where is yours?" She sighed loudly before falling on her back, resting her head on both her hands, "I don't know, she could be anywhere" She answered as she looked at me, I fell next to her.