thirteen: snow fall

There was a knock on the door that woke me up, I found myself in a comfortable position between the pillows. I looked outside only to realise the sun had fallen and darkness had taken over but the illuminating moon made it possible for light to shine on all the kingdoms. Tonight the moon was full.

The knock came again and I forced my body to turn towards the door, I could see shadow from the other side.

"Come in!" I ordered the door opened and I saw Maximus stand on the other side. "Your Majesty" He bowed and I sat up from my bed, "Dinner is served, and the Generals of all section has requested a meeting. They have returned to their section but will arrive shortly" I sighed and brushed my hair back. I wanted to sleep some more and let my dreams be the escape of this reality yet I found myself getting out of bed. Maidens flooded my room once again for a change in outfit. I nodded towards them as they got to work.

The maid who directed everyone opened the door for me and I came out of the door wearing a dark blue silky dress that fell straight down to my legs and hugged my curves. Maximus came forwards to place my crown on my head once again, and directed me towards the dining area. I could faintly hear chatters in the room which made me slightly smile, I could see Maximus smile at my brightened mood. The door was opened for me and the people who sat stood up upon my arrival. "Your Majesty" They greeted and bowed, I gave them a nod and a wave of my hand and sat down, seeing them follow suit. They talked to themselves once again and ate delightfully. Casie was at her usual sit but Lamia wasn't there, only an empty seat.

"She is well if you are wondering Your Majesty" Casie said as if reading my thoughts, I nodded my head satisfied with the answer.

"And you?" I asked seeing her worried earlier as well, she rested her lips in a thin line and bowed, "I am well but worried" Casie replied in a whisper like tone, "Did you also se-" I cut her off with a nod and stopped her from proceeding.

"Later" I replied watching as she nodded this time. She was about to talk again before a girl sitting beside her talked to her about something. I ate quietly and glanced towards the empty sit feeling my chest pounding slightly every time I see that she isn't there.

'We are checking on her right?'

Athena asked but I didn't reply I was hesitant, 'We have to see her' Athena replied sternly this time I only shook my head slightly before sighing. 'She has Casie to be there for her' I replied.

'I know you're scared but so am I but we can't le-' I blocked her off as I closed my eyes feeling my hands tightened on the spoon. Casie saw this and put her hands on mine I stared at her knowing she was worried too. "It'll be ok" She whispered before pulling her hands away and I continued eating feeling a little bit at ease.

I stepped out of the dining area when Maximus had informed me that the section Generals have arrived at the Kingdom once again. The large doors opened once again for me and I entered. The same routine where Maximus places another crown on my head and everyone bowes in my presence. Section 1 General Robert was first to step forward placing his hands on his chest, I waved my hands at him to proceed.

"Section 1 has gained more soldiers since last week, however, we still lack in weapons, supplies" Section 2 General Myranda also stepped forward next to him in a similar stance, "That is also our problem, Your Majesty. We do not have enough weapons for the battle considering that the Fairies of the East had stopped their production in our kingdom" I stared at her and nodded.

"Yes as we are all aware, the Fairies have sided with The Center and The South. In awknowlegment of this issue, General Arsa?" I called on Section 3 General and she looked at me and nodded.

"Our section have agreed to provide the weapons. I will have the soldiers work to create better weapons in the war" General Robert and Myranda nodded understandably before stepping back. This time Section 3 General Arsa stepped forwards.