eighteen: uh oh

Theia POV

"Your Majesty this war is coming sooner than expected and actions must quickly be in place" General Robert exhaled as he stood up, others around the table nodded their head in agreement.

I was now at the meeting room after others have been informed about the South's attack on the kingdom. Taking the fact that everyone in this room is very passionate about the pride of our kingdom, it was safe to assume that they were affected.

I sat back and leaned on my chair seeing everyone's eyes on me. I maintained my composure  finding it hard to get used to looking at other people's thoughts and feelings other than my own. But I could say that these past few days, it was as if I wanted to be. I smiled at the thought before clearing my throat looking ahead while remaining silent.

"First the attack on Section 4, might I remind you Your Majesty, the death of Titus" I closed my eyes and opened them only to glare at General Myranda of Section 2 yet she remained head strong and didn't falter in my eyes, "Your Majesty, and now this?" She sighed heavily before sitting back down, other have already avoided eye contact with me.

"General Myranda, I am well aware of the events, after all, I am the Queen" I stood up from my chair watching everyone flinch excluding the Section Generals, "But I do not like when all of you question my leadership!" I slammed my hand on the table, the crown on my head shifted. I closed my eyes again.

Calm down

Her familiar voice rang in my ear, I opened my eyes and watched as everyones eyes widened and that was when I realised I had Athena's ones.

"Don't forget the mistakes of the previous war, do not forget the fallen of that war and most of all, do not underestimate the extent of that war. We are here to learn not to follow the same pattern" I sat back down as I uttered the words calmly earning a few nods and agreements, "We are not only against The South but The Center as well as The East in which strength and numbers are almost triple as that of ours, not mentioning the strength of their weapons"

"I agree, and while our soldiers are increasing they still win in strength" General Arsa said I nodded at her which she reciprocated.

"In acknowledgment of that matter, our only focus now is training our soldiers into mastering their strength, believe in themselves and to trust one another" I replied this time there were more nods in my direction.

"What about stage three Your Majesty?" General Robert questioned, I remained quiet thinking of a solution.

"It is best if soldiers focus on training, thus, stage three will not be necessary at this point. As you said, this war is approaching fast and we must do everything to be ready" I replied gaining another nod from him watching as other around him looked satisfied.

"General Arsa, an update regarding the West Witches" I directed my eyes towards her who sat up and cleared her throat before shuffling the papers in front of her.

"The West have tripled in their soldiers, ranging their power level to almost five hundred. Weapons are being made from magic which can almost be as strong as the one of an East Fairy, considering the West has the most population, our number of soldiers may be more than theirs but I wouldn't put too much hope in that" She finished looking around before resting her eyes on me and nodding.

"As I said, numbers do not matter as long as there is loyalty, strength and strategy. As you said, we would not put hope on numbers and instead we put out hope in the kingdom's victory" I uttered as I sighed.

"We only hope this war will not repeat the same mistake" General Robert sighed as he placed his hands on the table looking down.

"Indeed and we will do everything to prevent that" General Myranda replied turning her body towards him.