twenty four: mine

Casie POV

"Right!" A soldier from our side screamed at me and i immediately turned to my right and stabbed a vampire in the heart. There were so much screams everywhere and it was hard to tell where Theia was. Horses were galloping in fear and it was also hard to avoid them. It was getting harder to push them off, everyone we fought had these purple eyes that seemed to freeze everyone in their place, out of fear. Though no one really gave up after one fall, no one gave up until they had a sword pierced through their chest.

"Queen Theia!" I shouted but it was useless, I whipped my head around almost making myself dizzy. I screamed for her name once more only for my voice to be drowned out by men screaming. All I could do was run around and hope to find her, avoid getting killed and remain alive and breathing.

I was stopped by a familiar face that appeared in my nightmares.

How was he alive?

Joffrey smirked at me and slowly walked towards me creepily as if he had decided how to disregard somebody like me. I tried to harden my expression only for him to see right through me. I heard everything he did to the people i love and he is definitely not a creation made by the goddesses, no. He was something that was carved in pure evilness. I cowered taking a few steps back. He laughed at my expression and once he was close enough, i could his yellow teeth smile at him and his hands grab hold of my chin.

"What a beautiful face, such a pity that it would just go to waste" He harshly let go of my chin and took out his sword. I ran away only for him to appear in front of my face. I held out my sword, hands shaking in front of him.

"Stay away from me!" I yelled out and waited until he made a move and when he did, I read him and dodged his attack. He seemed surprised but wasn't fazed, i swung at him multiple times and finally landing a cut in his arm.

"Shit!" He yelled out and glared at me, he hit my sword harder this time, multiple times too. It was getting harder to grip my sword as he kept attacking, not giving me a chance to back up. I yelp feeling myself fall on the ground, i let go of my sword and it landed far from me. I looked into those cruel eyes and tried to go where my sword was only to fail as he managed to speed up. He threw my sword away and retracted his own in the sword holder he had around his waist.

He whistled for a few men to join and I shook more in fear.

"Hold her down!" He ordered some of his men who were bleeding but followed his orders. His men were weak and breathing hard, they looked at me with slight sympathy before they were ordered around once again. I had each of them on both my sides holding my arms as I struggled in their grip.

"Let me go you parasites!" I sneered at him, they all chuckled and Joffrey brought out his silver sword. I trembled but managed to glare at him, full of despise and hate.

"I missed doing this" Joffrey sighed and i sneered at him disgustingly, "Let me do it differently this time" I widened my eyes and watched as he sword neared my area. I struggled in the grips of his men and screamed.

"When are you going to learn?" A honey-like voice that sounded familiar spoke behind me. She took light steps and stood in front of Joffrey who sneered at her. He took his sword and swung at her, and I watched as Lamia touched the tip of his sword and turns them into ashes. I widened my jaw in disbelief and see Joffrey and his men staggering backwards as their expression filled up with a mixture of fear and disbelief.

Lamia finally looked into my direction and i couldn't help but smile at her. She still had her sweet brown eyes but there was something this time, like a power that couldn't be described. The harsh feelings i had because she left, seemed to disappear.