six: eyes

It was still too early in the morning for the servants to be out in the garden, I look at Lamia who held my hand as we strolled during sunrise, the colours of the sun made her brown eyes shine brighter. We strolled around the flower paths, the bottoms of our dressed were dirty as they scrape across the grass, not long before her face brightened at a sight of roses bundled together. She sweetly left the comfort of my hand on hers before running off to where the roses stood tall. I trailed behind her, looking up at the clear blue sky, breathing in the fresh air. I opened my eyes and saw as she gently spoke to the flowers and I stood with my hands on my back smiling at the sight. The bottom of her dress fell on the grass as she kneeled to smell the roses.

Darkness suddenly overtook the skies, the sunrise no longer brightening the day, the signing nature no longer made a sound. Slowly, a shadow of darkness approached her, but I could still see her smelling the roses and oblivious to her surroundings.

I try to move in place but I was frozen, I felt stuck and I couldn't move my arms or legs, I try to scream but nothing would come out and a shadow made its way into my mouth and I could no longer breathe, I was suffocating as the shadow kept entering me.

I sat up and sighed loudly, another dream.

It was getting worse, each night I see nothing but her smile, her eyes and her laugh and I long to hear them and be with her. I brushed my hair behing my back and rested it on my right shoulder. My chest started to slow down from its pounding.

The sound of knock on my door brought me to reality, "Your Highness?" Maximus' voice rang on the opposite side. "Come in" I ordered hearing the doorknob twist and the wooden door of my chambers creaked open. In came Maximus with a few guards, all looked down.

"We apologise for disturbing your slumber but I sadly come with an unfortunate news" My ears perked up suddenly and while I attempted to get out of bed, I stopped as I was not dressed. I sighed which made them flinch, "Get out, and tell the servants to dress me. Give me the news after or I may kill one of you now" their eyes widened and they hastily exited, only Maximus remained.

"As you wish, Your Majesty" He bowed before exiting and calling my servants in. I noticed one of them were Casie though I didn't pay her any mind because behind her was Lamia. I concealed my shock and prevented my eyes from widening. The pounding of my heart only grew louder. There were four of them but I didn't care to know the names of the other two. I covered myself with the blankets and tried to act calm. Failing miserable when I felt Lamia's eyes on me, I cleared my throat making their eyes look my way. There was only one pair of eyes I was interested in.

"I don't need four to get me ready, one of you leave"I ordered roughly with my hoarse voice. "You" I made eyes contact with Lamia, "Leave my chambers, and make yourself useful somewhere" She shook at the sound of my voice before looking down and bowing slowly. I regretted my words the second that they left my lips, I gripped my sheets and looked away.

I hated it, don't you dare bow at me again like that when you're my ma-

I shook my head and looked up only to find three of them remaining. Casie closed the doors and I stood up from my bed and went into the bathing room, going into the steaming water. I gently went inside the warm water and rested both my arms wide open and leaned on the walls of the huge pool like bathtub. I felt the servants kneel on each of my side and started to clean me gently, both of then afraid to even make a tiny sound.

I walked out of my chambers dressed in a loose white blouse and pants. I wore my black boots and my hair out letting it fall down my back. Maximus was waiting outside for my arrival and upon setting his eyes on me, he bowed "This way my Queen" I slightly nodded at him before going into the throne room.