twelve: her neck

"On your right" I warned but she was already too late as I struck her, not too harshly though, on her right. Lamia fell to the ground with a thud, she groaned before looking up at me with annoyance. I smirked offering her my hand which she shoved, helping herself up.

"You know this is hurting me more than it's hurting you" I reminded her as I gripped my sword tightly, "So let's finish this quickly" She rolled her eyes picking up her sword in the process.

We were at a secluded area of the forest near the castle. Lamia urged me to train her for the battle this afternoon. The winter was only getting more cruel with its wind and snowstorms. I wore a black thick fur coat with a heavy dress underneath which was enough to keep me warm while we practiced. I wore my long gloves and winter boots as well. Lamia were in similar clothing but instead of all black, she was in all white. White complimented her eyes, her skin, her hair and I loved how beautifulshe was when she was all frustrated.

She was good but she lacked in many areas involving strength , strategy, she attacks without any thought and relied too much on instinct. An opponent could easily read her and in doing so, defeat her and that was the last thing I was going to let someone do.

"You're too impulsive" I told her, doing another attack. "Too weak" I said easily pushing her sword away. She groaned in annoyance before attacking again but this time I felt her attack stronger yet I still pushed her off. "You're not reading me" I suggested pointing my sword at her as we circled around each other. She looked me up and down, screaming as she attacked straight ahead but I widen my eyes as at the last second, she switched her attack her on my side, making me fall momentarily, picking myself up from my knees. "Good" I smirked before attacking her and easily making her fall on the ground, "But not better"

"Ugh not fair, you're stronger than anyone both human and werewolf form" She glared at me pissed which only made me smirk, "Plus you grew up a royal, you spent all your life training" I only answered with a shrug as I attacked once again.

"Doesn't matter, if you're fighting against another opponent, you must always believe you're better than them" I simply said watching as she ran in my direction again. my sword clashed with hers, I was bent down as she pushed down. I chuckled and pushed her off once again. She groaned longer this time before throwing her sword on the ground and bending down on her knees, stuffing her face in between her legs.

I sighed quietly putting my sword back on the scabbard wrapped around my waist. I heard little sniffles enough to know that she was crying. I approached her bending down on her level, one of my knee on the ground. I tucked her her behind her ear before gently lifting her face towards me seeing the tears fall down her eyes as it avoided me. She choked back and coughed, "Hey" I whispered, "Don't cry" I said only making her cry more.

'Well done'

Athena sarcastically uttered watching as she too was also worried about her mate.

"Come here" I didn't wait for a response as I pulled her to me, her head on my chest as I rested my hands protectively behind them.

"Do you think I'm weak?" She questioned hearing her sniff. I was trying to wipe her tears but more came running down.

"Look at me" She avoided my eyes I gently held her chin "Lamia" This time her eyes finally looked at mine, her tears stopped making me smile slightly, "You are the strongest woman I have ever met" I admitted honestly watching her shake her head. It was only hurting me more. "I'm being honest, Lamia don't forget what you have been through, not even a second, I know it really hurts but hey you're here aren't you? That makes you strong"

Ok I have officially lost it, I wasn't this emotional nor do I want to be but yet here I was, with this girl, in the middle of nowhere, telling her how precious she is in my eyes.