fifteen: jealousy

10 years earlier

Theia POV

"Is everything ok?" I heard a soft voice speak beside me, I turned my head to face Emilia and forced a smile. She knew me too well to know it was fake, she rested her hands on top of mine and caressed it. I leaned on her shoulder closing my eyes.

"It's tomorrow" I uttered after a moment of comfortable silence. I felt her nod and grip my hands tighter, "It is isn't it" I heard her reply followed by a heavy sigh. I opened my eyes to look up at her, she had on a slight smile before brushing my hair.

"I can't afford to lose anyone and y-" I stopped myself and pulled away sitting upright. I avoided her eyes and directed my gaze towards the lake in front of us. We sat on the grass quietly as I fidgeted with my fingers.

"Hey" She whispered bringing both of her hands to hold my face, "Hey look at me" She turned my head towards hers and our foreheads rested together. I closed my eyes unable to stare at her drowning eyes.

"You will not lose me ok?" I only shook my head and pulled away this time looking directly at her eyes.

"Promise?" I asked gripping her hands tightly, she nodded and smiled.

"I promise" She replied moving forwards to give me a quick peck. As she pulled away, she moved away and laid on me with her head on my upper knee. I caressed her soft cheeks as I continued to stare at her.  Analysing every little thing about her, the way her eyes would flutter open and look at me, her plump lips and soft eyes. I held her delicately watching her closely in silence, I noticed her long eyelashes, her pointed nose and the way her skin was pale in the light.

We were playing with each others hand while my left one supported my figure leaning back. No matter how much we tried to reassure each other that everything will be ok, it still felt like it wasn't.

Tomorrow was the war, everything will change. My brother may even be King, but I hated to think about it. He was only going to be King when father will give the crown not when our father's life is taken in the war. I hated to think about it but I knew no matter what, my brother would make a great King. My mother on the other hand was the strongest warrior I have ever met, she was always head strong and very independent. She was the reason I set my mind to become a warrior like her.

But this war...it was nothing like we had expected

I looked up and heavily sighed, wanting to curse the skies for the fate of our kingdom.

"What is it?" Emilia asked pulling me out of my thoughts, I looked down at her and played with her hands on mine.

"There's so many things I want to do with you.." Then there it was, the tears forming around my eyes and I could see she felt the same. She sat up then leaned over me as I wrapped my arms around her waist though we didn't face each other.

"Tell me about it" She replied making us both wear a slight smile. I wiped the tears around my eyes and looked up.

"Let's see, I want to hold you like this longer, I want to ask you to be my wife, I want to marry you, then after we'll go on a lovely trip and explore beyond the kingdom an-" She cut me off with a finger on my mouth as she looked down, tears were also forming around her eyes.

"Stop, stop saying like it won't happen because it will" Her voice slightly cracked in the end because we both knew that this war could have a million outcomes and losing each other was the last I wanted.

But this was out fate no matter how much we wanted to change them.

I ignored her and continued.