chapter two: lamia

⚠️ Trigger warning ⚠️

Lamia POV

"Father please" I struggled getting out of his grip but I was too weak to fight as he dragged me to the door. I tried running away from his grasp but failed as he caught me once again, he struggled to get the door open and when he did a scary tall man wearing all black stood outside in the rain. I looked up at him frightened by his scary gaze towards me as he looked at me up and down, licking his lips.

Father ushered the man inside our house, and threw me at him. "There" he spoke as if i was just a stranger to him, the tall man sneered and chuckled creepily "15 years old?" The man asked to which my dad nodded "That thing just turned 15 last week" father looked at my pleading gaze and ignored it, looking away. The man made me stand up and he put his dirty mouth near my ear "Happy birthday" He whispered as his scent smelt like cigarettes. I trembled in fear as my body continuously shook.

My father put his hand out and for a second I thought he was asking me to take it but suddenly the man who held me with his tight grip threw my dad stacks of money to which my dad happily sighed. "All yours man" Father mumbled at the man as he inhaled the smell of money. The man threw me on his shoulder and i immediately begged and punched the man's back. We get to a van where more scary men looked up at as I was roughly thrown inside. I tried opening the van but the men held me back and as I struggled then I felt a fist colliding with the side of my face. The last thing I could remember was the van moving away from my house and my dad stood in the doorstep before closing the door.

I always knew he blamed me for my mother's death, his wife, my momma. He was an alcoholic and abusing bastard and selling me isn't the worse compared to what he would do to me everyday. He made me feel what it was like to crave for death everyday, not wanting to live and he made sure that i felt that way and he never failed. I'm not surprised that i was being sold, the money wqs all he needed for some more alcohol and drugs.

Is it too much to for me to ask for death?

---
5 years later

I looked around the basement I was locked in for 5 years. The small space was dark, the only source of light was the one illuminating from the taped window near the rusty old bed i was thrown in. I curled up and buried my head in between my legs. They have done everything to destroy me physically and mentally, no one would understand how much pain they inflected me with during the 5 years, they forced me to be their slave. They made sure i would always obey them like a doll in a puppet house. Like a doll following the strings of its master.

Silence; that was all I could hear during the years. Silence was very loud and scary, it was slowly killing me. Everyday, i wished it did, i wished death would come to me and finally i could be happy. Instead, i waited every single day wondering what they're about to do again. Wondering how painful it is going to be, with each minute they made me suffer. The room was almost empty, though there stood a chair who looked older than the worn out bed i was in.

'Calm down child, everything will be alright. They will pay for everything' My wolf, Lila's deep voice spoke. I could feel her grumble and release a low growl that made me jump. I heard the door unlocking followed by a loud creak that echoed in the small room. Fright crawled to my body, taking possession of my emotion. I backed against the bed until I felt the cold wall hit my back. A man came in, he was tall and lanky he had a smirk plastered on his face. He was the same man in my nightmare, his chuckle was the same in my nightmare, he was my nightmare.