chapter four: eleventh second

The sound of my heels rang in the hallway after changing into my green silk dress that fell down softly on my figure. Coming across servants that would shiver in my presents, bowing almost to the point of them falling. I smirked wanting that fear of me to remain. That is what I am, a Queen, nothing less. I simply did not need anyone before nor do I need one now.

"Your Highness," the head chef greeted upon my arrival, "i'll have the supper prepared shortly." I merely gave him attention and went towards my seat. Looking into the long table that had nothing for purpose as I preferred to eat alone, sounds of laughter and talking annoyed me every time I tried eating before, so I may have killed one of the servant for talking too loud. Since then, I had my dinner alone and that didn't bother me. Atleast I didn't let it. Maximus quietly entered the room and bowed, I closed my eyes before slightly leaning back.

"Good evening my Queen, Sir Bailey of the South will soon arrive at the castle" The South was the vampire territory. He stood awkwardly for a few minutes and I let silence torture him and finally I moved my hands slightly. I heard him breathe a sigh he was holding before quickly leaving the room.

Before my mood worsened, Chef Antonio came out followed by servants, bowing slightly before placing the food in front of me. I nodded in approval before nodding my head to dismiss them.

I picked up my cutleries but not long before the doors opened again. I growled loudly making the servants near me jump back, some even whimpered, and that's when I heard her specifically. Her heart beat raised as if that thing wanted to leave her chest. "That's not the right door!" Another girl's voice rang but it was already too late. Lamia stood in front of me, wearing her white overside dress, and her eyes glistened in the light. it was my turn to sigh heavily, unable to breath properly. The other girl, Casie I presumed tried to pull her away but it was too harsh to my liking. My eyes focused on her grip on Lamia's arms to pull her back.

I no longer had control before I was on Casie's face, too near for her liking as she seemed to shake at the gap between us, my eyes were turning back and forth into it's werewolf form, though the human side of me screamed for me to stop caring yet the bond I had created with the other girl got stronger each day. I only snapped back when I heard Lamia hit the door, my attention now focused on her.

"Ah!" she exclaimed before gipping her back, I pulled her to me though not fully but I still had this feeling of euphoria, like the colour of pink so calming and soothing. there was ten seconds that passed yet it was dreading but time must moved on and on the eleventh second, I pulled back and faced both of them. "How dare you interrupt my dinner?!" I gripped Casie's chin between my hand making her look right into my eye, but this time I had control so I didn't care when I heard Lamia whimper.

"We're sorry Your Majesty, Lamia was suddenly hungry and we were trying to walk back into the servants place, and Lamia has taken a wrong direction" I was still seething in anger, not because of that, it was because I wanted to avoid the feeling of wanting to be near her, and losing control. Oh goddess I hated it. I shoved Casie away before turning to face Lamia. "Know your place" I voiced out before pushing her too, avoiding her eyes. Casie gently this time, held her in place before she feel like I was supposed to, until both of them were out of the door.

Now alone, I stood with my forehead on the door. My fist flew to punch the brick wall over and over until my hands bled yet after everything, I wouldn't allow tears to fall. I went back into my seat in front of the food and only stared in daze. My hands tingled when I touched her yet I pushed her.

"Antonio!" I called out and not pong before the chef came running, "I lost my appetite, throw these out" I stood up from my chair and took the wine instead, but before I left I looked back and sighed "on second thought, don't waste it. Give it to the servants as their meal"