chapter three: mine

Trigger Warning

I raised my arms preparing to hit this slave as i grasp her arm tightly, it was just going to be one of my many punishments to my servants. But it was a mistake, looking into her eyes. Her sweet doe orbs that managed to consume me, the worst is that i let it. My hands stopped and began to shake as i stared into her eyes longer, wanting to stare at them again every-time she closed her eyes. No i couldn't let myself show emotion to a total stranger, i prepared again but as if my whole body didn't want to, it was stuck mid air then suddenly i let myself go.

I lowered my hands and landed into her cheek, feeling warmth engulf my whole body. I knew who she was to me, my curiosity towards this girl earlier as i stared at her from my chamber was answered, the moment she stood in front of me, i knew. The answer was getting louder in my head that i had no choice but to silence it. Her gaze was as if she was attracting me to her. I lingered my hands on her cheek before stroking them slowly and leaned in to her face, my mouth beside her ear as i felt a tear escape my eyes.

"Finally" i uttered unconsciously and engulfed her frozen figure. It was a mistake as i immediately saw what had happened to her, her pains and screams were transferred to me. I pulled back in a second, looking back at her eyes and I couldn't comprehend how I was feeling and only when she walked away did i notice the loud thumps in my chest and the ringing in my ears that the feeling that i feared has came for me.

I paced back and forth in my bedroom before punching the wall, my fist colliding against the wall  creating another hole, as i felt my hands bleed more. I slid against the wall as i held my hand and silently cried, i let my tears flow because of the pain, but its not the pain coming from my hand. Nothing but anger, i wanted revenge, i wanted to protect her but knowing it was already too late.

i was angry at the goddess, she knew exactly how to punish me, and it worked because every memory that she had was now mine and they keep drilling and drilling, deeper and deeper in my head, and those memories ran around and I couldn't take it, i scream but nothing is working. This pain is radiating all over me and I look at my hands to see that they were Athena's.

Revenge !

Hurt them !

Kill !

Kill !

Kill !

I grip my head in pain and rock back and forth, my eyes burned as tears continually fell from my eyes, down to my cheeks. It felt like my head was being stabbed a hundred times. The girl who was my supposed mate, was my punishment. And it hurt but it hurt more that I couldn't take it away from her.

Your memories, your pain. Give it to me

Athena begs her mate but she was talking to no one. That girl was so damaged that i wished to all the goddess that i should've met her sooner. I became enraged at m at myself that i never bothered to look for my mate, never caring about my soulmate because all my life, I knew that i never needed anyone else and I never wanred to give my burden to anyone else. Besides, it was just a myth created by elders to promise love for their generation. But it wasn't, goddess it wasn't, the moment she stood in front of me i knew, it wasn't just another myth.

I felt her pain, a pain no one should feel, especially her. My heart was beating faster than I could catch my breathe that I felt that my throat could close any time that I don't gasp for air. The pain was not deserving of anyone. I touch my cheek and notice the dampness as tears fell like waterfall and I couldn't hold it all in even if I tried. It was worse knowing that i understood the longing she felt for death to come her way. I saw her laying in her bed, curled up begging for herself to die, no more pain, no more suffering. She felt it all.