An accountant in London

(Tommy's P.O.V)
"What did you want to talk about?" I asked Alfie while I sat down in my chair. "I'm not gonna sugarcoat this, yeah, but Mr Tran. Is not Filly's biological father" Alfie said and clasped his hands together. I raised an eyebrow. "Oswald Tran is Filly's uncle. Oswald's brother, Richard Tran, yeah, he's the father" he explained and handed me a letter. It was from Filly's mother telling Oswald that Richard is the father of Fiveal and that she was on her deathbed. It explained where the kid was and how he looked. Filly's mother dying wish was that Filly would have his father. Silence filled the room as I thought for some time. So Richard doesn't know about Fievel? What if this man wants him back when he finds out? What if I loose him? Can I step to court with this? No, I can't. The court will never give custody to a bunch of gangsters.

 The court will never give custody to a bunch of gangsters

"Tommy". I looked back at Alfie as he snapped me out my thought. "I did some digging. Richard is alive. He's a married accountant living in London. Clean record and everything. A good samaritan if you will". My eyes looked over at the clock, 7:00 AM. It was still dark out and most people would still be in bed. But if we would go now, we would be in London in about 2.5 hours. I stood up and downed my drink in one go "let's pay the accountant a visit".

(Richard Tran's P.O.V.)
Since I left my house this morning I had a feeling I was being watched, stalked even. "Goodmorning Richard" a voice said making me jump out of my skin. I looked towards the person. I sighed. It was just Louis who greeted me. "Morning, Louis" I replied back before continue doing my work. When it was finally time to go home. Me and some co-workers went to our favorite bar for some drinks. We all waited for our drinks to be made when I saw two men talking with each other. I froze as I realized who they were. The one with the cane and beard was Alfie Solomons, he is a jewish gangleader in Camden Town. The one with blue eyes was Thomas Shelby, a gypsy gangleader situated in Small Heath. They noticed me staring and stared right back at me. Immediatly I turned my head at their confident and cockey stares. I felt uncomfortable with them watching me but I tried hiding it. But with my small and fragile looking body I was basically a bunny in their eyes. I relaxed more and more everytime another drink entered my body, basically forgetting the two gangsters where in the same room. It was friday after all. Eventually it was time for us to go home cause the bar was closing. I walked over the stone road a bit wobbly and notnin a straight line, but then again, most of our group was drunk as hell. I arrived home and had difficulty putting my key in the door to unlock it. I stumbled into my house and walked towards the stairs to go to bed. "Richard?" I heard my wife call my name. I turned my head and walked toward the livingroom where her voice came from. I artived in the livingroom and saw Anne's face. She held fear in her pretty brown eyes and she was tense. A throat was cleared and my head snapped to the person. Immediatly my toxicated state was gone as soon as I saw Alfie and Tommy sitting on my couch. I gulped as I saw them be comfortable in my house. "You Richard Tran?" Mr Shelby asked, I quickly nodded not wanting to make him wait. "We have a letter, from a Pauline" Alfie said placing down the letter on the table. "Pauline? She is dead" I said. My first love. The two nodded. "Letter is about her son. The one that you fathered" Tommy stated. I grabbed the letter and read it. I handed it to Anne to let her read it. I saw happiness glow on her face. "Where is he" she asked turning to the men.

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I lifted my head "he's at my place". "Honey we should get him. We finally have a child" Anne said with tears forming her eyes from happiness. I looked over at Alfie and then back at the couple. "He's not going anywhere. Especially with someone who didn't even care to look for him" I snapped breaking the happy ambiance. Richard turned hisbhead to look at me. The man that reminded me more of prey suddenly turned into a man that could kill. But still be wasn't intimidating me. "He's my son. I want him back here!" He said and stood up. "I dont want him to live around a bunch of gangsters". I stood up and tossed a pocketwatch onto the table and he looked down at it. "Is that.... is" with shaking hand he grabbed the pocket watch from the table. Nervous he turned it around and saw the initials O.T carved into them. He looked up at me, anger clear in his eyes. "You killed my brother?!" he yelled with venom in his voice. "I did what I had to" I stated. He scoffed at me. This angered me and I grabbed a hold of him and pushed him up the wall. Anne screamed fearfull but I ignored her pleas. Richards tough act was gone. "Let me explain the difference between you and me. I took in Fieval when he was alone and cold on the fucking streets. Not you. I made sure he got into a school. Not you. I made sure no one was going to hurt him. Not you. And when your stupid brother took him from me. That was a huge mistake from his part. And the biggest difference between you and me? Is the fact that I will do everything in my power to make sure that he is loved" I growled at him. I let him go and turned around to walk away. "I will see my boy, Shelby. You're just an obstacle" he yelled after me. "And so are you, Mr Tran" I replied as I continued to walk away, "just an obstacle"

 "And so are you, Mr Tran" I replied as I continued to walk away, "just an obstacle"

"You will never be a predator with us, Richard. Always prey"

Published: 21st of February 2021