XIX. The Past Part 2

Before Lan Xia could process everything a child's cry was heard in the far distance. "Ahhh I dwon't wamt it!" Lan Xia looked towards the system in panic which was just looking towards the direction the mechanical voice came from since the system didn't have a physical body.

 "What was that?" The system stayed silent for a little while. Lan Xia began to panic even more since he was already on the edge with the informations that were given to him before, so now if anything was slightly off or out of the ordinary, he will panic immediately. 

The system finally spoke it felt like that it was sighing. [System: There is no need for you to panic as of yet just follow the child's cry, you will find something surprising that will calm your heart.] Lan Xia was still skeptical of the system's words but he slowly began to relax his body. 

He took deep breaths to ease his fast heartbeats, then he started to run towards the direction of the child's cry. The system followed it eyes towards Lan Xia's running figure. [System: I am sorry that might only be the thing that will put your heart at ease and the other things you might experience will only bring you pain but I can't tell you that as of yet because if I do you won't be able to finish, what you have started]

Lan Xia stoped in front of a courtyard which seems to be very familiar to him. "Ahhh no no!" A little kid's voice could be heard.

Lan Xia immediately looked towards where the voice was coming from. When he found the source of the voice his mouth dropped. [System: you might want to close that mouth of yours or a dragon fly just might get in]

Lan Xia couldn't be blamed for his shocked expression because in front of stood a nine year old "Lan Xia" and three year old, Julong Liu and Haung Hou. What it seemed like is, that Julong Liu was screaming because he didn't want to drink the bitter medicine. On the other hand Haung Hou was giggling so much that his cheeks had turned red. 

"What that chubby and fussy little thing is our great Villian!?" The Julong Liu that Lan Xia saw at the moment was  a cute little toddler with chubby cheeks and smiling eyes.

[System: yea, socked right, he wasn't always that cold and uptight, the person who made him like that was " Lan Xia"] "Ok ok you don't have to rub salt in my wounds and I am really confused what the heck did "Lan Xia" exactly do, for our great villain to hate him so damn much?" Lan Xia was very confused how did such happy child who was just like Haung Hou become so cold and detached.

[System: you will find out soon enough, just keep watching] Lan Xia decided to listen to the system and continued watching the ordeal that was happening in front of them. "Shizum, do yu not loave mew, is tht why yur mwking mew dink the bwtter ting?"whined Julong Liu, his speech was still not good enough to say a long sentence but he tried anyway.

Lan Xia was about to open his mouth to say something about this display of affection but the system beat him to it. [System: yes now shut up and keep watching don't open your mouth until the very end when I tell you it's over, is that clear so nod your head in understanding] At that moment Lan Xia was puffing his cheeks like a child and struggling really hard trying not to yell at the system so he slowly nodded his head in agreement and continued watching. "Lan Xia" didn't know how to handle the situation, even if he was stone cold and had no emotions or expressions it didn't mean he didn't feel things.

He actually loves the two kids very much since he watched them grow and take care of them in the process so he really wanted to give into Julong Liu's puppy eyes and not make him take the medicine that will help him with his cold. At that moment little blond haired boy with the biggest smile spoke up "Lwttle Lulu shizim loaves us awlot, he mwking yu dink cause yur sik so dink awnd get bwatter." Haung Hou was also not very used to making long sentences but to clam his dear friend and make him better from his sickness, he tried his best.

Julong Liu puffed up his cheeks and spoke in a small voice "Lwttel Houhou iz thwt rewlly trwue?"this little one really hated everything that was bitter but he was ready to believe anything if his precious said so he looked towards his beloved Shizun. "Lan Xia" patted the both boys head and slightly smiled at the two of them in approval. Julong Liu's eyes brightened up, he quickly drank the medicine stealing his heart But the end result was that he almost threw up. Haung Hou who was next to him quickly fished a candy out of his little pocket and fed it to Julong Liu.

The bitterness from the medicine was replaced with sweetness. Julong Liu looked towards Haung Hou and smiled ever so brightly so the blond boy did the exact same. See thing scene "Lan Xia" and Lan Xia was at peace.

"Lan Xia" wished that he could find these two boys family so that they could  still have a happy childhood so they know the love of a mother and a father or even other relatives.

"La'er" a gentle yet powerful voice called out to "Lan Xia," it was Wu Lin the grandmaster of this sect that kids and "Lan Xia" live in. The kids cupped their little hands and bowed "Hellwo gwandmawster!"the little ones excitedly called the grandmaster who also took care of them and raised them along side their Shizun. Wu Lin smiled "hello little ones how are you today?"

The kids replied with a big smile "we gwod!" Wu Lin was happy to see the kids in a good mood so looked towards his beloved disciple who was still bowing at the moment. "La'er, how many times should I tell you that even if I don't say hello or tell you to get up, you can get up."

Wu Lin was a little bit vexed because he couldn't change this habit of this little one right here. "I apologize grandmaster, but please tell me what you have to say?" "Lan Xia" didn't really take his words to account and just returned a question back to him.

From "Lan Xia's" question he remembered what he came here for, he pulled "Lan Xia" to the side and grabbed his shoulder to make him look up at him. " We found a lead to Julong Liu's relatives but unfortunately for Haung Hou their was no one." "Lan Xia" looked at Wu Lin with worship in his eyes that he achieved what no one else could, they had been looking for the children's relatives for a long time but no one could find them but his grandmaster did.

"Lan Xia" looked back the kids and the kids were already looking at him. He looked apologetic towards Haung Hou but he looked towards Julong Liu with mirth in his eyes. Haung Hou just looked confused on why his Shizun was looking at him like that. But on the other hand Julong Liu felt a emotion that he never felt before, he knew dislike or likes and happiness along with sadness, but what was this unknown emotion that he felt towards his Shizun' s expression.

This emotion he doesn't feel it towards his Shizun but the situation that is to appear because of this expression. Yes, he know this emotions he heard people talk about it before. It was the fear of the unknown which grabs on to you like glue and never let's go.