IX. Double the trouble

It's been almost a week since they moved into this house which Mao De have guarded. The three peoples life has been smooth. Julong Liu still acts indifferent towards Lan Xia while Haung Hou looks at him with twinkling eyes.

Lan Xia is to busy trying to figure out a plan not get Julong Liu killed to notice that it will probably be him who will be killed. (AN:Yea just your basic things here nothing new) Mao De enjoying his time laying down on the top of the roof.

While feeling the suns rays on his fur. Little did they know but trouble was coming their way. Yueliang felt something her ear' s twitched.

She left Lan Xia soul cave to enjoy the breeze of the real world. She sensed something was coming. But she soon ignored the feeling because her beloved Xi'er had called her.

" Yueliang if you wouldn't mind can you go up on the roof and get Mao." The white tiger slightly nod it's head and jumped up and let out a small roar. [System: are you seriously making your soul beast do that you lazy bum]

Mao De soon opened this eyes and came down from the roof. "What is it lad why have you called this old man?" His voice was low it must have been because he just woke from his sleep.

"Mao there is a slight problem you see the kids have been restless and stuck in home so can you take them out and show them around the forest just don't lead them to the market." Lan Xia's voice was soft but still held that icy tone even though his words were so caring his eyes showed nothing of that matter.

Mao De chuckled "why don't you ever let the kids see this caring side of yours." 'Huh I wish but you see my character who is with a social barrier can't do that so now so can't I.' "It has nothing to do with caring it's because they haven't trained and I don't them to laze around the house that's why."

Lan Xia answered matter of factly. Yueliang couldn't hold back her laughter anymore. She hugged Lan Xia " you never learn do you I thought I was the one who can see through your facade but looks like Mao De could do it too."

Lan Xia didn't even realize when Yueliang had transformed into a human. Mao De had started to laugh as well. Their laughter was pleasant to the ear.

It came from their heart which Lan Xia knew very well. So he closed he eyes listening to their laughter and feeling it, this gave him a sense of comfort. "Yueliang if you are done laughing then go with Mao to watch over the kids as well."

Lan Xia gently pushed Yueliang away because his character wouldn't allow this kind of thing unfortunately. {Mega: I am glad it doesn't your mine pretty boy}(AN: *drags mega away) The two cats finally stopped their laughter and obeyed Lan Xia. Yueliang became invisible and Mao turned back to a cat.

" Haung , Julong come over here." Lan Xia called the two boys outside. "Yes Shizun you called." Haung Hou respectly answered. Julong Liu just sneered.

"Both of you go explore the forest take the cat with you since it might familiar with the forest." Lan Xia ordered. Haung Hou immediately followed Lan Xia's command. He took Mao in his hand and started to go deep into the forest.

Julong Liu wanted to say something but he stopped his sentence midway and just stared at Lan Xia. Lan Xia also stared at the boy. His eyes were calm and showed nothing they were motionless. 'Hey why are you looking at me like that did I do something to you'

Lan Xia was panicking inside his head. 'This man always having that same expression, those motionless eyes staring at me like I am nothing just wait one day ...' Julong Liu turned his head away from Lan Xia and started to follow Huang Hou.

'Ah you kid tell me if you have a problem.' Lan Xia screamed inside his head. "Xi'er becarefull and be safe I will be going now." Yueliang whispered. 

Lan Xia just simply closed his eyes. The four of them were long gone out of his sight it's been 3 hours since they were gone. Lan Xia was just meditating he was trying to cultivate but he didn't know how.

Finally he gave up and opened his eyes. Before his eyes were two beautiful white cats sitting on a bench. 'Huh what are this cat doing here when did they come.'

Lan Xia got up from his meditating position and went to the cats. He didn't know why but suddenly he had the urge to stroke the cats fur. Before he could stop himself he had already started stroking the cats fur.

His eyes went blank his body turned stiff he was frozen. The cats disappeared from their spot. His eyes came back to life.

His body started to move again it became flexible. A sinister grin spread cross his face and his eyes turned into slits.

On the other side of the forest Yueliang whole body screamed her beautiful green eyes turned dark. Mao hissed. Both Yueliang and Mao started to sprint to the direction of the house.

The kids were bewildered seeing this. They soon started to run after the cat calling it's name...