XIV. Questions

Lulong Liu's mind went blank as his eyes took in the sight of Lan Xia laying on the bed with blood dripping form his mouth, motionless. He didn't know how to react. The only thing on his mind was fear of losing this person in front of him.

Yes the same feeling he had that night when he saw Lan Xia's battered figure covered with blood laying in Yueliang's arms motionless just like now. His body didn't move he was frozen. He didn't know why this feeling erupted with in him.

When the only thing he wants to do is kill this man that is in front of him now. Before he can find  himself a excuse like last time why he is having this feeling. Yueliang walked in the room.

What greeted her was Julong Liu standing still like a statue in front of the bed. Where Lan Xia was unconsiouse with blood still seeping out of his mouth.

Her reaction was pure horrer. "Julong what happened here, why is Xi'er like this?" She rushed up to the bed and took Lan Xia's pulse. He speeding heart seemed to calm down as she could feel his pulse and his chi restoring itself.

Looks like he coughed up blood to get rid of the impurities in his system. All so that his wound had acted up at the same time. Yueliang sighed with relief. ' This child sure knows how to make a person worry sheesh.' She couldn't help but chuckle a little.

She almost giggled like a little girl because of this deadly but funny incident. Yueliang chuckle brought the poor boy who was standing still as a statue out of his thoughts. He gavd her a accusing look. "Why are you laughing shouldn't you do something."

Julong Liu was mad, why was Yueliang laughing when Lan Xia was in this state. Even after hearing the boys question she didn't answer. She just simply put her hand under Lan Xia's back. At that moment Lan Xia's body started to float.

She used the floating feather technique which could make ones body or others very light that they could float in mid air. She quickly cleaned up the bed sheets. Julong just stood there with a blank expression.

Now that Yueliang was done with that, now she need to clean Lan Xia's clothes and change his clothes too. She turned to Julong Liu "Julong help me change Xi'er' s clothes." She didn't think her little joke would allow her to see, what she did. Julong Liu was awestrucked his mouth was slightly open and the tip of his ears had a red tint.

Without saying anything he walked out of the room. He could here Yueliang laughing from outside. 'Why did I react like that what is wrong with me?' He couldn't believe why he reacted like that. Lan Xia is a guy just like him so why did he blush.

To cool his head he went to sit by the lake. While one the other hand Yueliang was still laughing. "Oh gosh little kids get embarrassed so easily he is so innocent."

[System: Little does she know this boy would grow up to be a man no longer innocent and *cough* *cough* her Xi'er. What I didn't say anything, you heard nothing] (AN: You $#/! you ruined it) {Mega: What is this I am hearing} (AN: Ok both you get out now)

She finally stopped laughing and changed Lan Xia's clothes. She placed Lan Xia down in the bed gently. At that moment his eyes slowly started to flutter open.

The first sight that greeted him was Yueliang' s warm smile. Lan Xia felt relieved seeing her. "Xi'er is awake!" She called out.

Huang Hou had quickly came, holding some weird looking plants that were the herbs Yueliang asked for and he had dragged Julong Liu with him too. The twins were about to step into the room but before they could even put their foot in the room Yueliang called out " Not another step you two, Tai Mao please watch over the rascals for another hour or so I don't want them any where near Xi'er. I am sorry that you can't visit him."

The tiger just grunted. And dragged the twins out by his tails so they would be no where near Lan Xia. 'Should I speak now or what I am still highly confused by the information I got before and scared ahggsh why did have to play this character oh gosh.' Lan Xia didn't know what to do. But he decided to speak since he has continue and finish what he started.

"Yueliang I am sorry to have worried you and everyone else." His words were sincere but his monotone voice made sound like he was only being polite. Yueliang shook her head "No it's alright but I think the kids want to ask some things, isn't it right kids?" She looked at the two boys. Huang Hou eagerly shook his head. Julong didn't react.

"Xi'er rest now but do answer the kids questions and I will go help Tai
Mao with the twins." Just like that she left the room leaving the three of them alone. 'Wait come back don't leave me please.'

In his heart Lan Xia was shedding bitter tears being left with the chatterbox and deadly silent. He was fine with the chatterbox but the deadly silent was the one worrying him.

"Shizun is Yueliang jiejie your soul, beast when did she appear, so Tai Mao is a spirit beast, the older twins are the ghost beast and was that a dark beast you fought and also when will we get our soul beast?" Huang Hou asked many question at once. 'Ok child what h*ll did you eat that can make you ask so many questions at once, your nickname that I have created suits you well.'

But he almost laughed seeing the kids so excited. He was about the answer the kids but he was bombard with another question. " Shizun are you alright now how are you feeling?" Haung Hou ended his rapid fire question with that.

' Ah this child.' "Huang, yes Yueliang is my soul beast she appeared when I was six. Tai Mao is a spirit beast and he had guarded this house we are leaving in now for 50 years. And the twins are ghost beasts. The one I fought was a dark beast. Well  when your soul beast will appear,  depends on you and your soul beast. Lastly yes I am fine thank you now  anymore questions."

His voice was slightly hoarse since his throat didn't heal form coughing up blood. " No Shizun and thank you." Looks like Huang was happy with the answers he got.

He quickly bowed to Lan Xia and left the room with the herbs since he needed to give them to Yueliang. Now there was only Lan Xia and Julong Liu left. It was completely silent until Lan Xia decided to speak "Julong is there a question you would like to ask as well."

His voice was softer for some reason he wanted to talk to the child in a sweeter tone. He wanted the child to trust him for the child looked lonely. When Lan Xia looked at his bottom less black orbs that stared back at his now icy blue orbs.

Julong Liu hesitated to ask he didn't know why he was hesitating but after some time he finally asked the question that has been weighting him down for so long " Why do you favor Huang Hou more from the two of us?"

The child's voice cracked a little mid way. The corner of his eyes were forming a red tint. When you see the child like this now. Then you truly realize that he just a small child acting strong.

But he didn't let his eyes get watery. He held his ground and looked back at Lan Xia. Lan Xia was speechless seeing that moment when the child was near to breaking down made his heart crunch up.

What was he most surprised about was the question he asked. 'What what is this I favor who more oh gosh no wonder he wants to kill me later on the future. Why did this character had to favor Huang more ah damn it look at this poor child.'

Lan Xia hesitated before answering since he didn't know how to answer. " Julong I truly don't." That all he could say. Julong Liu flinched a little when he heard that.

He felt some what relieved. But when he looked at Lan Xia's eyes he saw that they were troubled. He was mad all the relief he had was gone now replaced with anger.

' Lair!' He screamed in his mind. Julong Liu didn't say anything just smirked his eyes showing true despair and sadness. He turned around and left the room.

Lan Xia was looking at the little child's back. Tears were streaming down his face. Seeing a child's eyes hold such sadness and despair and his back to be that lonely was truly a heartbreaking thing to witness.

Now Lan Xia was the only one in the room and his tears wouldn't stop....