VII. Spirit Beast

"Ow dang it" Haung Hou ended up falling on his face. He was going to be a good disciple and fix the roof but ended up falling straight on his face. 'Ah you dumb child who told you to fix the roof.'

Lan Xia was about to ask him if he was ok but he stoped midway "Haung don't do anything unecessary go help Julong to clean the house."

Lan Xia ignored the child when he was about to reply. He just jumped up to the roof with a light feet.

That technique was called fleeting feathers it makes ones body light as feather it could be used on objects as well.

Haung Hou was dazed as he looked at his master working so diligently as always now fixing the roof he couldn't do.

It looks like no matter what Lan Xia does, for Haung Hou his admiration for him will just keep growing. While on the other hand Julong Liu hate toward will keep growing as well.

At this point it was sure to tell these two things. Wasting no more time Huang Hou quickly went help Julong Liu to help clean. 'Now wait how in the world did I just do that.'

Looks like the person of admiration himself doesn't know how he did that, yes he truly is a fool. While he was fixing the roof.

The cat he saw from before jumped on to his shoulder. "So you will be living in this house from now on the house which I have guarded for 50 years. "

A calm voice with hints of aging spoke from some where. Lan Xia looked at his shoulder that's where the voice had came from. He almost cursed out loud. How could he forget such important information.

'Wait this isn't any ordinary cat this is the four tailed feline spirit beast Mao De who has been guarding this house for 50 years since it's master have died.'

The spirit beast continued "why have you come here why did you choose this place as your new home." It's voice slightly rising to a threatening point.

Lan Xia face showed no fear he just calmly answered " I had sensed a strong spiritual presence here so I came here to investigate but instead found a house. I thought I was wrong, so since me and my two disciple needed a new home, we decided to stay here. Forgive me if I have intruded spirit beast if you would like we could leave right away."

Even though it may have looked like the answer that he had said was all true but  Lan Xia had wracked his brain to come with that answer. "Young lad if what you say is true then I will have to test you to see if you are worthy enough to stay in this house which my late master have resided in.

Lan Xia was prepared for what to come. He slowly closed it's eye and waited for what ever was to come. But nothing happened so he opened it's eye and was greeted with a magnificent sight.

The cat had transformed. It now now had a lion like body but it looks of a jaguar. It almost had a lion's mane on its forehead there rested a horn. Most of all was it's four tails that were a cross between a jaguar tail and a lion's. It was called a feline because you couldn't just describe it as a lion or a tiger or even a jaguar.

It had all the abilities. It's claws could tear someone into shreds in seconds. It stance held pride, grace and power. Most of its nature was wise. It was truly a magnificent beast.

" You have passed the test young lad." The beast chuckled it was amused by Lan Xia confused and admiring eyes. The beast voice held a soothing tone but it's voice was quite deep and old. Like it had aged not in it's prime anymore but still had fire in him. 

"Forgive I am not sure how I have passed the test." Lan Xia questioned. "The test had already beguned when I first spoke to you. I was looking for respect, politeness, honesty and trust. If you were a violent and dishonest being I would have killed you right there." Even though it said these things in a light tone all of the words he had spoken held force meaning they were true.

'Yea I don't doubt that you would have ah I am so glad I did what I did.' If Lan Xia hadn't kept his face paralyzed and showed fear he would have been dead right there because fear could lead to violence to protect itself.

" Thank you for your kindness." Lan Xia slightly bowed to show gratitude. "Young lad then I guess I have to go now." It almost looked the beast was smiling but that smile held sadness.

" Spirit Beast why are you going you are this house protecter, you have every right to stay in this house as we." Lan Xia called out. The beast had already turned back to its cat form.

"Looks like I have made the right choice to let you stay in this house and I am called Mao De." " Shizun we are done cleaning oh ah cat can we keep him I will take good care of it so can we?" Huang Hou was excited he always wanted a pet and Julong Liu didn't care as usual.

Lan Xia didn't say anything Mao Dr jumped on to Huang Hou's arms. "Yes you can." Lan Xia just looked at Mao De's eyes and then went back to work. They found another company.

[This part has been deleted]