XVIII. Activation Completed

It's been a week since the kids' departure. The surrounding became quiet the only sound that could be heard was the swaying of the bamboo leaves. It was too peaceful there were no laughter or bickering that would show life.

No more of the loudness that protected and gave security to oneself. It looked like the lights were snuffed out from the place that was once so lively. In the front yard there could be seen a figure sitting, all alone.

His back gave of the feeling of longing. It was the ever so silent Lan Xia, his cold eyes lost its shimmer that it always had. 'Why am I here? Should I be here? Ahhh thinking about this is making me crazy.'

Lan Xia's body involuntary flinched but it went completely still afterwards but his heart along with his mind was going through a big turmoil. He didn't know what to do with himself since the kids left, well in Lan Xia's term the brats left. He still had to impersonate the cold beauty Lan Xia.

Lan Xia had always been a happy go lucky person well most of the time. So it was much harder for him to keep up the stone faced act. Lan Xia really wanted to scream his head off but sadly he couldn't.

'Hmm what can I do? What is it ...is it ah the book. I know, I will look at it now since I have time.' Lan Xia closed his eyes instead of darkness what he saw was a blank space.

'Hah what is this place? How am I here?' The words that were only thoughts echoed in the blank space. Lan Xia's body went rigid with shock. From somewhere a mechanical voice was heard which Lan Xia was very familiar with, the system.

[System: Answering your question this is your mind space along with my data base since this is where I stay] 'You're here I thought you went away?' Once again the thoughts echoed around the room.

[I have always been here it's just that I can't answer your calls and you must be confused why your thoughts are being echoed right] 'Yea so are we connected somehow or something?' [Yes, we are linked that is why in the mind space your thoughts are being echoed you can choose to speak if you want]

"Oh wow I never knew!" Lan Xia at this time had a silly expression on his face. (Author: No sh*t you didn't, you are the person who aborted the system in the first 30 seconds that you got the system.)

Suddenly a blue book appeared it was protected with several of codes and data. Above the book a green text appeared. <Do you wish to open the book of information?>

"Huh what's going on?" <Accept or Decline> the text was blinking as it gave the options. "I will go crazy at this point, I mind as well just accept." Lan Xia clicked on the green text. Then a robotic voice echoed around the room. <Activation Complete> then suddenly an alarm went off, a red text appeared

<Warning Warning - if chosen to exit out of the activation while the information is processing, all data will be lost> Lan Xia being the numskull he is chose to ignore this warning. (Author: Oh please don't f**k this up too)

Lan Xia waited for the processing bar to fill up 89% 90% 99% 100%. Once more a robotic voice echoed around the room. "Data is being transported." The white room turned blurry slowly darkness took over the senses.

The counting of numerals from machines were being transmitted everywhere. Strings of data were surrounding Lan Xia. His body disappeared from the space.

His physical state was transparent it was as if he was just a piece of data that could be erased at any given moment. Lan Xia didn't open his eyes to see where he had reappeared in until the systems voice rang in his head. [Open your eyes] Lan Xia slowly opened his but he was forced to shut his eyes once again.

Howling of the winds passed through Lan Xia's ears. Dust gathered up everywhere Lan Xia throat clogged up he ended up inhaling some of the dust which went down the wrong pipe. Lan Xia had a coughing fit, tears started to form in his eyes.

This coughing fit lasted for a good while until the dusts have dispersed. Once again Lan Xia slowly opened his eyes. Before his eyes stood a bird standing tall and mighty with its head held high. Its wings looked so that it could cover the half the sky itself.

The sunlight reflected on its beautiful feathers that were covered in various different of colors. On top the bird there stood a man who was the example of pride. He was the great Wu Lin who stood tall, his figure gave of the feeling that nothing the world could move him.

Wu Lin's upturned eyes traveled to a specific spot his jade like eyes reflected the sunlight. He smiled it was one of those rare smiles with a quality of eternal reassurance in it, which you may come across four or five times in life. "Who is he looking at?"

Lan Xia was trying to look through the beams of sunlight to the spot that Wu Lin was looking at. [Just keep looking] The sunlight dimmed down in that spot stood a young boy who looked 5 or 6 years of age. His Hanfu swayed in the wind his black eyes turned to blue in the sunlight.

A cold air surrounded around the young boy "Welcome back Grandmaster" his monotone voice sounded through the howling winds. That day was a sunny yet windy day. Lan Xia's jaw dropped "Wait that's the original Lan Xia, it's amazing looks like he always had face paralysis, look, at such a young age he doesn't even crack a smile.

[Shut up not everyone is stupidly happy go lucky as you] Lan Xia couldn't say anything so he just continued watching the scene. Lan Xia didn't notice before but now that he looked closer. The OG Lan Xia was holding something it looked like a basket, there were two baskets. In the baskets there were two babies swaddled in blankets one had bright colored hair while the other one had shiny black hair. Lan Xia's eyes went wide "Wait hold on a minute aren't those the Protagonist and the Villain they look like they were just born!"

At this point if the System had possessed a human body it would have face palmed itself [No Sh*t Dumb Head] the scene continued, slowly lowered to "Lan Xia's" height and looked at two bundles of unknown origins. "Where did they come from?"

Wu Lin spoke up in a teasing manner. Like he hadn't already realized the situation that they were in. "Lan Xia" straightforwardly answered "They were left at door steps of the sect I didn't notice them until I heard a loud cry it was from the bright colored hair one, the dark colored hair one was still a sleep. Now both of them fell asleep they look 1 or 2 months old, so what do we do with them?"

Wu Lin didn't hurry to answer "Lan Xia" he kept looking at the two babies few seconds went by like that until he finally made a move, he reached out to the necklace on the dark haired one. The moment he touched the necklace disappeared replacing it with a paper.

Something was written on the paper. It read "Julong Liu 2 months old born in the year of the ox" the penmanship was graceful yet hurried it looked so that it was written in a fast space. Wu Lin neatly folded the paper and stored inside his space ring. He yet again slowly walked this time it was towards the bright haired one, he reached out to paper that was enclosed in the hands of the baby.

The paper read "Haung Hou 2 moth ox year" the handwriting looked so that is was written in a very careful manner to make it eligible to read. Many characters were wrong it looked so that the child's name was incorrect because of the characters used but it gave it a different meaning. With this paper Wu Lin did the same thing he stored inside his space ring.

During this whole time "Lan Xia" didn't utter a word he continued to wait on Wu Lin to be done with the inspection and make the decision. Wu Lin finally spoke "They will be staying in the sect they will be your disciple La'er." Wu Lin gave no options to rebuttal. "Lan Xia" didn't question it either and just followed behind.

This event was witnessed by Lan Xia, who now was having a hard time seeing "Lan Xia" and pretty much everyone else together, he couldn't wrap his head around it. [I know you are a little flustered but are you ready for the next set of information. These events and information that will get will help you with your unanswered questions] Lan Xia didn't even think twice before whispering yes.

Suddenly Lan Xia's vison became dark, in the far distance you could hear cogs turning...