XII. Not everything is as it seems

Lan Xia slowly began to open his eyes agian. He resisted the urge to faint again. 'Where am I and why did I feel that sudden pain that time?' "Oh my my looks like our human has woken up?"

Two voices chimed in unison. 'Who are they?' Lan Xia was still in a confused state.

For he couldn't see the owner of the voices. Suddenly to white flames appeared before him. "Are you looking for us?"

The voices this time were coming from the flames. 'Wait the way their voice sounds one is a girl and another one is a boy. Their way of speaking is like a child but they sound like adults but wait your supposed to sound like a child not speak like it they are speaking normally what am I saying. Ah wait girl and a boy white flames child?

They are the haunt beats the two tailed cat twins Fuwei De and Fenyu.' Lan Xia couldn't believe how fast the plot was moving. 'But wait they were never supposed to posses me what is going on?'

(AN: you stupid child you came into the story obviously their is going to some sort of glitch in it)

With out hesitating Lan Xia went to the flames. Two humans stood their replacing the flames. Their faces were identical their eyes held mischief.

Their lips curled into a curious girn. Just the difference was that one is a girl the other one is a boy. There blue robes glowed along with their beautiful long hair.

"Oh my you aren't a afraid at all?" Fuwei De giggled while clapping her hand. "So he isn't a scaredy cat."

Fenyu laughed at his own joke. The siblings were mocking Lan Xia. It was amusing to them but they were irritated of his lack of reaction.

'Yup they definitely got minds of a 3 year old. Do they really thing teasing will work?' Lan Xia amused with their tactic to get him to react.

Lan Xia wanted to play this game a little longer. His eyes turned icy blue a hidden glint was seen in those eyes but they gave off chills throwing daggers at you as you looked at it. It could have frozen someone to the bones. At that moment when the twins looked at his eyes their body became cold they were afraid.

They leaped away from Lan Xia. His eyes closed unknowingly when he opened his eyes again he was in an unfamiliar environment. The moon was hanging over the clouds you could almost touch it.

The place he woke up to was a small cliff beyond the forest then the forest was in its track again. The winds rustled the leaves of the trees making an eerie sound in the quiet night. Lan Xia looked around and found the culprit who brought him here.

The twins were now wary of him. Seeing their worried and frightened expression which at that moment resembled a child's looks. Lan Xia couldn't help but laugh in his heart.

He didn't say a word, as he stared motionlessly straight ahead. He was doing that thing where he overthinks. 'Wait but why are they afraid of me, what did I do and how did I escape my own mind, how did they get out of my body and mind?' Even though his mind was filled up with these thoughts he spoke up.

"Why are you two so frightened?" Lan Xia's voice sounded cold as usual but this time it held a slightly angry tone. It sounded harsher then he wanted it to be. But he ignored his voice he just stared at the two figure in front of him waiting for answers.

"Your eyes are dangerous who ever looks at it will freeze and be consumed, to never return." whispered Fuwei De. Fenyu agreed with his sister's statement. So he just nod his head while looking wary again.

'Oh thats why yea yup"I" do have yes like that.' He wanted to cry so badly why was his character such a cold heart.

(System: did your sentence even make sense, your an idiot)

He felt thirsty he looked around and he saw the wine bottle. Next to it was a small cherry blossom twig it must have been carried by the winds there.

Lan Xia got up completely ignoring the twins who flinched seeing him stand up. He went towards the wine and poured himself a cup. The scent of the cherry blossom and the wines mixed into a beautiful fragrance that filled the air.

He slowly drank the wine taking his luxurious time, still ignoring the twins who were dumbstruck by this sight. 'Wow this taste pretty good!' He was enjoying himself.

But his luxurious time had to end because they soon heard a roar from with in the forest. Its footsteps were earth shattering. The twins took their fighting stance.

Lan Xia unsheathed Qi Xing taking a fighting stance as well. Its steps got louder and louder. Finally it showed it self it was a over sized black panther. It was a chaos beast.

There are many chaos beast they are common. When a beast dies or it sees its loves one die with out a purpose it will drown in its sorrow and become chaos beast. Spirit beast and Haunt beasts are quite rare.

A chaos beast could be brought back to normal where you can heal its soul so it could reincarnate. But sometimes the chaos beast goes to a point beyond return. So you have to kill it won't be able to reincarnate.

Black mist surrounded the beast. Its body was hovering over the three. Ready to pounce any moment.

'Wait wasn't this the chaos beast the protagonist and the villain supposed to fight and defeat it to heal its soul. So why is it here and WHY AM I GOING TO FIGHT IT?' While in the midst of his thoughts he failed to realize the beast was charging towards him.

Since it sensed the most power from him. The beast was thrice the size of Lan Xia. It jumped in mid air. Its claw struck out and slashed him against his chest.

A claw mark formed on his chest. Blood was dripping from the wound. A pool of blood formed beneath Lan Xia's feet.

"AHG!" Lan Xia's head felt light headed. His breath was stuck in his throat. His vision slowly became blurry.

But suddenly his brain was filled with words. They were many symbols of different kinds. He started to recite something that couldn't be understood.

He raised his sword his eyes were blank. The sword illuminated a strange kind of light. The sword sliced the air then pierced the beast's chest.

The black mist disappeared replaced with a strange light. The beasts body started to shrink and turned into a small light. Then it disappeared into the nights sky.

Lan Xia's body gave up he fell to the ground. Fuwei De and Fenyu immediately rushed towards him. Just then they heard Yueliang's voice "Xi'er!" She stopped midway in her sentence when she saw the state Lan Xia was in.

Mao De and the kids couldn't believe what they saw. A bloody hollowed eyes Lan Xia the man who defined elegance and power was sitting on the ground with a wound and a pool of blood beneath him.

Yueliang's green eyes darkened ready to kill someone. She unsheathed her jade sword, was about to attack the twins. At that moment Lan Xia gained his conscious a little bit and saw Yueliang charging towards the twins he called out.

"Yueliang don't, chaose beast." That was all he could muster to say before he fell into darkness. Yueliang stopped in her track and caught Lan Xia in her arms before his head hit the ground.

Mao De couldn't comprehend what happened and nether could the kids. "Is Shizun ... no how no?" Haung Hou rambled on he was very worried. "Lad calm down his going to be fine he has Yueliang."

Mao De assured him but he himself was worried as well. They went to where Lan Xia, Yueliang and the twins were. The only person who stayed behind was Julong Liu.

His eyes wavered. His hands trembled. 'No No WHO DID THIS TO HIM?!'

He couldn't control his emotions he didn't know why he felt this way when he hated that man to the core. But seeing the man tattered and hurt he couldn't control his anger he wanted to cut who ever hurt to pieces and give it a slow and most painful death possible. Inside his soul a black purple flame erupted with in it red eyes starred back.

'No something is wrong what it wrong with me?' Julong Liu was confused by his emotions. He held his chest there was a sudden burn.

He didn't know why. He just kept starring at the figures who were trying to heal Lan Xia. But no one noticed the purple lightning that struck that night...