Chapter 36 : A Family Passing

Hey guys, hope you all are doing well!

Fingernails gently combed through my hair as my eyes flickered open slowly. In my sleep, I must've shifted as my head was now resting across Hermione's bare chest. My arms were wrapped tightly around her waist as our legs were still entwined. I could hear her heartbeat echo through her breast and into my ear as her fingers continued to brush across my scalp. I sighed deeply as I closed my eyes, enjoying her petting my head as I snuggled closer to her.

"Don't go back to sleep love. You'll sleep through breakfast and classes."

I grunted as I refused to get up. "Five more minutes..."

She sighed but remained silent, allowing my five minutes of sleep. As if my brain was sparked awake and told to be active, I remembered I had to talk to Hermione about what happened in the woods last night. I groaned, as I removed myself from her chest to lay next to her as she rolled over onto her side to look at me.

"What's on your mind?" She asked me, causing my eyebrows to scrunch as she just simply shrugged. "I can always tell when something is on your mind. You get this distant look in your eyes."

I sighed as we were still entwined with each other, hand rubbing against her thigh gently. "When I was in the woods last night, Evelyn snuck up on me."

Hermione's eyes widened as I could see her chest start to puff as her breath quickened. Just by the way her face flexed, I could see she was grinding her teeth. "What did she want this time? Was it about that group back in New York again?"

"Yeah, they're just trying to stir up trouble again."

She rolled her eyes and huffed. "I don't understand why they won't leave you alone."

I averted my eyes from hers like a scolded puppy. "Yeah...about that." Hermione narrowed her eyes as she waited for me to continue. "I might've taken a blood oath when I had joined..."

"You what!?"

"Before you get mad, I know it sounds bad..."

"Sounds bad?"

"But it was just a stupid thing we had to do before joining the group. If you wanted to leave, you had to break the blood oath."

Hermione absorbed what I was telling her. "But you left, didn't you? How do you break it?"

I shrugged. "We were a rebellious gang of ruffians and street racers. You broke it by racing."

Hermione nodded as her eyes moved back and forth as she thought to herself. "That night...the night where you were driving cars on the cliff and Theon..."

I nodded. "We were breaking our blood oath."

She shook her head as she started to relax next to me in bed again. "I don't understand. If you broke it then why are they still coming after you."

I shrugged again as I began rubbing her leg once more. "I'm not sure. Evelyn says that Theon broke his because he did the race and not me. What I don't get is I left when I was fourteen. Shortly afterwards, I came here. I'm eighteen, almost nineteen now...why are they just trying to get a hold of me now?"

Hermione sighed as she ran her hands on my face. "We will never have just one year where everything's normal, will we?"

I kissed her cheek, reassuringly. "Don't worry about this. I can handle it. Just didn't want to hide it from you. Listen, I want you to worry about your schoolwork and studying as normal. I can handle this, alright?"

Hermione kissed my lips before finally crawling out of the bed, as I watched her naked form walk across the room to the dresser. "You don't have to do this alone, I hope you know this." She grabbed her clothes and turned around to look at me gazing at her. "Alex."