Chapter 16 : Let The Summer Begin

Sorry if this chapter feels like a rollercoaster. It was supposed to be two short chapters but I decided to make it all into one big chapter. Hope you all enjoy!

It had only been a few hours before I ran into Draco and heard something I didn't want to hear. Voldemort and the Death Eaters were currently baiting Potter into sneaking into the Ministry to acquire a prophecy. He had a smirk on his face, stating that Potter was finally done for but I walked away only thinking of someone stupid who would follow him to the Ministry and potentially be hurt, or worse - killed. I rushed out of the Dungeon entrance and started to head up the stairs towards the Gryffindor Common Rooms but was stopped by movement out of the corner of my eye. Neville, Ginny, Luna, and Weasley were storming out the front entrance of the school and heading towards the ground. Hermione wasn't with them...

I decided to follow but Draco and Pansy caught up to me, attempting to stop me. "Hex, wait!" I turned around, facing Draco. He gave me a stern look that held slight worry. "Don't think about warning them. If word gets out that you gave them a heads up, the Death Eaters won't take it kindly."

I frantically looked towards the entrance and back to the blond teen. "Hermione is with them."

"If you are going to go through with this, you're going to have to give up on the Mudblood Granger." Normally, I would threaten to hex him or just flat out attack him, but my thoughts and feelings were elsewhere.

I shook my head and ran out the door, heading in the direction I saw the other Gryffindor's head in. Walking through the courtyard, I saw the group of teens start heading my way, Hermione and Potter now with them. They looked determined and ready. Hermione met my eyes and looked confused as Potters was more of a stare.

"Hermione-"

"-I'm sorry Hexal, I can't talk right now."

I grabbed her arm and spun her towards me. "Please, wait!"

This seemed to have stopped her as she met my worried stare. Weasley called out for her to hurry up as she turned around. "Wait for one second Ronald!" She looked back at me and sighed. "Hexal I really can't talk right now...can it wait?"

I shook my head. "Hermione, listen. I know where you're going and I'm begging you not to go with them."

Her eyes widened as they searched my face. "Wha-how did you?"

"That doesn't matter." I grabbed her hands and held them gently. "Hermione please, just this once, stay behind. Don't follow him. Just this once..." Her eyes shook as I could almost see the internal conflict in her head. "Hermione please. Just this once. Stay with me."

Hermione scrunched her face. "What are you trying to say? I'm not letting them go alone."

I shook my head. "I know. It's who you are. Please just, stay behind this one time? It's not safe."

Hermione narrowed her eyes at me. "Do you know something?"

My hands started frantically rubbing her hands as I began to feel a panic rush through me. "I-I can't..." Hermione's eyes searched mine as if trying to see into my head. "Just trust me please."

Her eyes scanned mine as they seemed to narrow in frustration and anger but the look quickly vanished to a more concerned one. Her hand lifted to my face as she frowned. She looked back to Potter and sighed, looking back to me. "I'm sorry Hexal..."

She released her hand from my hand and my face and started to walk back towards the group as they all started to walk towards the woods. "I'll talk to you when I get back."

I started to pace until I broke out into a run and caught back up with her. I ran in front of her and held my hands up in defense. "Let me come with you then." Hermione looked at Potter as he overheard and quickly grabbed me and started to push me back. Hermione called his name to stop but he continued to push me.