Chapter 25 : I Got You

I'm not done with this story yet, but I will say, I did get a lot of laughs from reading everyone's comment about the end of the previous chapter. I'm glad you all like the character so much to cry and get mad all at the same time lol sorry for the mixed emotions I put you through. I won't do it again...

A crowded shack rested beside the seaside, that seemed bigger on the inside than what it really was. A grave laid not too far from the beach and the cottage home. Whispers rang throughout the home along with tears.

I breathed in sharply as I shot upwards, covered in sweat. My hand quickly reached for my shoulder to find it covered in gauze. The shoulder that was injured was wrapped up and concealed in a sling. My head stung as I looked around the room, unfamiliar with my surroundings. Was I captured?

I heard noises coming from downstairs as I quickly jumped off the sweat soaked bed and searched for my wand. Finding it on a nearby bed table, I held it in my grasp as I slowly opened the bedroom door. Creeping down the hall and slowly down the steps, the voices continued. They talked about Death Eaters and Snatchers. They belonged to voices I didn't recognize. I peaked around the corner for a slight second just to notice where the figures were standing.

Taking a deep breath, fidgeting with my disabled arm, I whipped around the corner. Bang! I missed my target as I hid behind the wall once more. Shouts rang out as the ringing in my ears continued, sweat starting to bead down the side of my face. More voices entered the room as I went to turn around once more. Before I could mutter another spell, I was hit in the chest and blasted into the wall behind me. I quickly regained myself and raised my wand again.

"Stop it!" A voice shouted at me as I tuned it out.

My wand was snatched out of my hand with a quick Expelliarmus cast. Fight or flight instincts took over, grabbing anything close to me and tossing it towards my assailants.

"Hexal, stop!"

A body ran into mine, arms shooting around my neck as I stood stunned and petrified. A familiar smell wrapped around me as my body continued to shake, legs continuously moving as if in a dream.

"It's alright." A soft voice whispered into my ear. Fingers scratched the back of my neck as another dug into the back of my head, gripping my hair. "You're safe now."

My eyes started to focus as the figure loosened their grip and moved their face in front of mine, grip never faltering. The figures behind the face blurred as it came into focus.

"Hermione..." I whispered, voice shaken and broken.

She hushed me as her nails continued to scratch the back of my neck. "You're alright, you're safe..." She sighed as she buried her face into my good shoulder. "You're alive."

I didn't return the hug as my body felt like it was dumped into a tub of ice water. Hermione separated from me, grabbing my hand and pulling me back upstairs. "It's alright, come with me..."

I noticed the other figures staring at me, expressions mixed with concern and fear. Harry, Weasley, Griphook, Luna and her father, and a blonde lady with another man with long ginger hair standing next to her. I followed Hermione like a dog with its tail tucked between its legs, as she led me back into the bedroom I had escaped from earlier. She let go of my hand once we were in the room and closed the door behind her.

She pushed a hand against my back as she led me to the bed. "Sit." She commanded.

I did as I was told and sat on the edge of the bed. She sat next to me, hands in her lap, as she stared at my shoulder. She reached up slowly and pressed her fingers lightly against it.