Chapter 50 : A Beginning To The End

This was me going to bed after the last chapter upload knowing exactly the torture I caused.
-->  😊 🛌

I continued writing immediately but waited on uploading. Which I'm glad for. I revised this chapter over 6 times. Adding things, deleting things...I'm finally satisfied with it and I hope you are too! Enjoy everyone! 😊

My eyes fluttered open as I was surrounded by white. I sat up slowly as I took in my surroundings. It was like I was in a vast wasteland of just...white. Oh this was annoying. I stood up on my feet as I huffed, unsure of what happens next.

"There you are!"

I heard a voice near me as I looked over and was shocked by what I saw. It was a boy that looked around my age. A boy that was more than familiar.

"Theon?"

Theon smiled back at me as he walked up to me, rolling his eyes. "God you take forever." He gave me a warming hug as he pulled back, smiling gleefully.

I shook my head, confused. "I don't understand. Where are we?"

He shoved his hands into his pockets, a trait I had picked up from him long ago as he looked around. "Somewhere between life and death? The realm between? Somewhere...very bright. Some call it Purgatory." He looked back at me as he grinned. "I've been waiting for you."

I eyed his appearance up and down before I shook my head. "I don't understand...you look...older?"

Theon shrugged. "You think I was going to let a pre-teen version of me meet up with you? As if. But you have to admit." He held his arms out egotistically. "I look pretty fly as an adult."

I pushed him gently as I gave a giant grin to my old friend as he motioned towards me to walk with him. We caught up on everything. About things I've been through. The war. Hermione. He listened to me as I talked before announcing that he already knew all these things. He's been able to watch over me through the years as he hasn't moved on yet. When I questioned why he let me ramble, he said he missed our talks and just wanted to have long chats like we used to. I shook my head at him as I thought about another thing he said.

"Theon, what do you mean, you haven't moved on?"

He shrugged as he continued smiling. "I've had plenty of chances, but I refused them. You see, after I died, it all started to make sense. I knew what Connor was up to and I also knew that one day you're going to end up here as well. So, I decided to wait."

I shook my head. "Well that's dumb. Why did you wait?"

His smile grew as he stopped walking. "You'll see." He became sad once more as we started to talk about old times. "Did you know that after my death, my Mom took her own life? I don't know why she did it."

I shrugged. "You were her world Theon. She missed you."

He nodded as he looked over to me. "You didn't go to her funeral." I nodded. "Why not?"

Sighing deeply, I kicked my foot against the white ground. "Honestly, I didn't think I would be welcome. When I went to yours, everything seemed to be my fault. Then when your Mom died...it didn't feel right to make an appearance."

He nodded back to me as he understood. "I don't blame you."

I looked sadly at him as he seemed to stare off. "Is she here? Your Mom?"

He shook his head but his expression remained happy. "No, she moved on a while ago. I told her I would meet her there eventually."

"Why?"

"Told her I was waiting for you."

I rolled my eyes as I crossed my arms. "Since when did you become such a sap?"