Chapter 47 : Anima Deditionem

Hey everyone! Sorry for the late update again. When the vaccine became mandatory in the states for hospital workers, we lost about 50% of our staff. So as you can imagine, work has been non-stop stressful. Especially when you get lovely characters brought in by police 👮‍♀️ 😂 Anyways, I've finally had time to sit down and over the course of a few weeks, add onto this chapter until I finally reached an ending to the chapter I was satisfied with. Hopefully I won't have you waiting too long until the next installment, especially since we are getting more staff members for work. I've missed you all and hope everything is going well in your lives!

Hermione's POV

I awoke in a panic, frantically searching around me. I was on what seemed to be a hotel bed as the room was dimly lit and a funky smell surrounded the area. What happened?

It was then I remembered being hit in the back of the head when trying to negotiate with Connor. Poorly, I might add. I was stupid to think I could negotiate Hexal's physical health with someone who clearly wasn't healthy mentally. I have to go back and get her out of there.

Jumping off the bed erratically, I began searching for my wand. Opening and closing the drawers on the dresser. Searching through the small nightstand beside the bed. I had even started to move the furniture around. Where was the bloody thing?

A figure stepped through the door in the middle of the room that connected two rooms together. I glanced upwards and saw Evelyn standing there, annoyed.

"Are you always like this? Not like I'm trying to take a nap or anything..."

My eyes narrowed as I stormed up to her and with no hesitation, slapped her across the face. She gave me a shocked look but before she could speak, I smacked her again.

"Take me back." I scowled at her.

Evelyn's hand covered her cheek as her wide eyes stared back at me. "What?"

"You take me back there, right now!"

She didn't answer. I raised my hand once more before words started spewing out of her mouth.

"Merlin! Take it easy Hermione!" She sighed, lowering her hand from her face, leaving her cheek defenseless. "I can't."

I grinded my teeth together as I hesitated to slap her once more. "You can."

Evelyn shook her head. "No, I can't. They're gone and I've got no idea where they moved on to."

I raised my hand once more, causing her to flinch before lowering it back down to my side. I growled to myself as I sat back down on the bed with my face in the palms of my hands. I sighed loudly and threw my hands down to smack my knees, in an agitated mood.

"Where the hell is my wand?"

Evelyn reached into her pocket, pulling out my wand as I gave her a dirty look. She slowly surrendered my wand over to me as I snatched it quickly from her hands.

She shrugged. "Didn't want you destroying the place the moment you woke up." She glanced around the room. "Guess you didn't need a wand or magic to do that though..."

I shook my head. "I'm not going to stop..."

Her eyebrow raised. "Destroying the room?" Evelyn scoffed lightly. "Then you'll be paying for the bill..."

I rolled my eyes as I waved my wand, having everything move back to their original location. "I mean, searching for her. For Hexal."

Evelyn crossed her arms. "Hermione, we don't even know where they are..."

Footsteps sounded from the other room as they made their way into mine. "We do know where they're going to end up though."

My head shot up from the familiar sound as I quickly ran over to the figure and threw my hands around their neck, enveloping them in a big hug.