Chapter 49 : This Means War

I stayed up just to write this for you guys! And yes...I will continue writing after my nap. Here it is!

Hermione's POV

I never ran so fast before in my life. Not even when we were running from Death Eaters and Snatchers during the war. Harry, Ron and Malfoy were running quickly behind me as Harry shouted for me. I wasn't going to stop for anything.

"Harry, Ron! Warn everyone and get them out of here! Malfoy! Buy me time to talk to her!"

No one disagreed with me, knowing it would be futile. Harry and Ron ran in different directions to start evacuating people as Malfoy and I ran in the direction Hexal was last seen in.

A blast hit me in the side of my body, taking me off my feet and sending me to the ground. Malfoy stopped running immediately and surprisingly, came over to help me up. We heard laughing as Isobel stepped into view.

That bitch! I thought. She's the one who obliviated Hexal.

She clicked her tongue at me as she shook her head. "Did you really think it would be that easy?" Malfoy helped me stand as he pointed his wand at her but Isobel didn't seem fazed. "You really think we would send her here without supervision? We knew you would try to intervene and we can't have that." She playfully scolded me as a nasty smirk spread across her lips.

I glared back at her. "Give her back her memories you bitch!"

Isobel waved her hand over her heart as if my words hurt her, but it was clear she was being dramatic. "How hurtful!" She pouted. "That's not very nice of you." She sighed as she rolled her eyes. "Sorry sweet cakes, but I'm not going to help your soon to be dead girlfriend. I hear she's got quite the party trick up her sleeve she's dying to show off." She winked as she loudly whispered with her hand cupped on the side of her mouth. "I heard it's...the bomb."

I took out my wand to hex her but she quickly blocked it, smiling wickedly. I went to curse her again before Malfoy cut me off. "Let me handle this Granger! You go get Hexal."

I groaned at him. "Malfoy I..."

"No! You have to stop her!" I hesitated before Malfoy cracked his neck, staring viciously at Isobel. "I've got her."

I nodded, running off as before I turned the corner I heard Malfoy say, "This is for my friend", and cracks and bangs echoed the halls behind me of their spells bouncing off one another.

I ran faster as sweat started to bead down my forehead. Aurors ran past me, possibly toward the same person I was running to. As I ran up the stairs towards the main hall of the Ministry Building, I saw her standing there. A phone to her ear as she looked more zombified than ever. I could only think of one person who was on the other side of the phone speaking to her, as she stood there in a trance. I watched as she hung up the phone, dropping it to the floor and walking aimlessly further into the Ministry.

I screamed towards the Aurors to not intervene as they didn't listen. They all ran after her with their wands raised, screaming at her to stop. Hexal didn't listen as she continued to walk towards them. They stopped walking, standing their ground, giving her another warning which she continued to ignore.

But I knew better. I knew she could hear them but couldn't stop moving. Not if she was commanded to keep moving.

I quickly dashed past the wall of Aurors and towards Hexal as they told me to stand aside. I threw my hands to the front of Hexal's chest, trying to stop her from moving.

"Stop! You have to stop!" She tuned me out as she continued to press further into me as if attempting to walk through me but I kept pushing her back. "Hexal, please! They'll stop you if you don't stop yourself!"