Chapter 22 : Here We Are

I had quite the migraine writing this but I really wanted to get another chapter out so I pushed through it. Not as long as the others but the next one will be. Promise.

I awoke the next morning to brown eyes staring back at mine and sighed. Nothing but a reflection of Hermione staring back at me smiling. I groaned and rolled over, shutting my eyes once more as my breathing suddenly hitched. Movement was heard from outside my bedroom door as if someone was standing on the other side. I listened intently as footsteps paced back and forth, floorboards creaking with each obnoxious step. Shooting upwards off the bed, I grabbed the mirror that held Hermione's face and slid it under the bed, hiding it. Striding towards the door, wand drawn, I opened the door and shot my wand arm forwards, wand pointing in the face of the person causing my disturbance.

Draco's eyes shot back at mine, startled. "Bloody Hell, Hexal!"

I groaned, lowering my arm and turned back into my bedroom to sit on the soft edge of the bed. "What do you want?" 

He ran his hand down the front of his suit, flattening any wrinkles that formed from the slightest of movements. "We are attacking tonight."

I ran a hand through my disheveled mess of bed hair. "Attacking? Who and Where?"

Draco stuffed his hands in his pockets and shrugged. "I heard later tonight. 8 o'clock I think." He watched as I nodded and fiddled with my wand in my hands. "It's a wedding."

I didn't acknowledge what he said as I thought it over. A feeling of dread washed over me as I had finally made the connection. "A wedding at Weasleys I'm assuming..." He bent his head down giving me the answer to my question. I bit my lip, my wand slid between my fingers as I was deep in thought. "Okay." Standing up from the bed and walking to the window as my hand rubbed my face. "Okay. I'll go after Hermione obviously. Anyone who gets in my way is going to have to suck up the spells I send their way. Let's hope Weasley gets in my way. I've been waiting to hex him." I shot a smile in Draco's direction as he smiled as well.

"You can have him."

It was a few hours before we were to depart from the Manor and make our move. I walked down the hall as paintings stared down at me ominously. I would be lying if I had said they creeped me out slightly. A figure stepped out of the darkness and stood in front of me.

"Ello sweetheart." Bellatrix stood in front of me, smiling her crooked smile as usual. "Ready for tonight?"

Rolling my eyes, I tried to step around her which she prevented. "Can't wait." I went to step around her once more as she once again, blocked my path. She made a pouting face as she caressed the side of my face with the back of her hand.

"You sure? Are you not afraid to use curses against your fellow classmates?" She smiled wickedly as I smacked her hand off my cheek.

"Never. Besides, I've been waiting to teach them a lesson since I started at that school."

"Oh! An itch you've been waiting to scratch?" She kissed her lips out and made a puckering noise as she started to circle me like prey. "The Dark Lord quite likes your bark girl but so far you haven't had any bite." She leaned in from behind me, voice entering my ear closely. "You sure you even got one?"

I hummed unthreatened as her head cocked next to mine. "Are you questioning my loyalty to the Dark Lord?" She didn't move or persist as I shrugged my shoulder, brushing her off of me. "Would you rather me bite you instead? Don't underestimate me."

This seemed to put a skip to her step as she came around me and faced me face to face. "Well then...that's what I want to hear. But do you truly have the stomach?" She gave me a questioning glance and walked further down the hallway, almost baiting me to follow her as if she was bringing me into some dark corner only to kill me quietly. I followed her without any hesitation as she led me into a grand room with a chandelier hanging above. Inside was Fenrir, Lucius and his wife Narcissa, Draco, Snape, Wormtail and of course the Dark Lord himself, Voldemort. The Dark Lord had his back turned to me as in front of him was a girl around my age. She looked sweaty and broken.