1.9 airports

»»» song: coldplay - magic

When friends turn to lovers -it's weird. However, didn't it also seem natural?
When two best friends, knowing every good and bad side from the other, some day fell in love.
At least that was how it felt for Luke and Tally. Of course, every beginning was somewhat awkward, but all in all, the idea of being actually together seemed quite natural.
And that was how it was supposed to be. A relationship should feel natural, not forced or odd.

Some might say it wouldn't be a good idea if friends started dating. If they broke up, they couldn't return to their old state and their friends had to choose sides. A horrible notion.

Of course it might turn out the bad way. Surely tons of broken friendships were caused by failed love. However, it could also be the greatest thing ever when (best) friends fell in love with each other. And there were numerous of examples for it. Maybe even more than for the opposite.

And the two had the opportunity to become equally as beautiful. The opportunity to make something great out of it.

»»»

"Got it!"
Ashton whisper-shouted excitedly like a little kid when quickly running back to the group. Michael's phone triumphantly held in his large hands, making the silver device look smaller than it actually was.
With a mischievous grin, he plopped down on one of the airport seats where the rest of his friends were sitting. Waiting for their flight's boarding to begin. It was quite empty, considering it was in the middle of the week and not many people had to fly to New York with two stopovers. It was going to be an over-tiring journey, they saw it coming.
Vicky shot him a confused look, being obviously the only one not understanding the situation.
"Why?" she asked, leaning over his shoulder. Curiosity filling her as she watched him typing in Michael's code.
"Oh, god. Seriously, Ashton?" Calum sighed with a laugh, pushing the sunglasses up the bridge of his nose.
To be honest, no one understood why he was wearing the black glasses anyway. They were inside a building after all and it was around 7 pm. The sun having almost set completely outside.
They didn't mention anything though, just letting him do his thing.
"Sure, why not?" giggled Ashton, his fingers continuing swiping over the screen.
"'Cause that was literally two months ago! You can't repeat a prank from two months ago."
"Au contraire, my dear Calum." The smirk still visible on his lips. "He won't see it coming after such a long time."
Luke laughed out at Ashton's twisted -yet surprisingly logical sounding- thoughts while emptying a pack of sour Skittles in his mouth. One of his earbugs falling out at the process. Music helping him sort out his thoughts once more.
"Actually pretty genius, if you ask me," he nodded then, licking over his sweet-sour testing lips.
"Well, no one asked you though," Calum stated. Shooting him a look of sass only he was able to over the dark glasses before sliding them back.
Ashton on the other side was grinning proudly. His dimples prominent. "See. I'm a genius."
"No, you're not, Ash. You're lame."
"Would anyone please tell me what's going on?" The brunette was beyond puzzled by now. Impatiently arching a brow at them.
"It's because of a prank Mike played on him two-fucking-months ago," Calum explained, rolling his eyes at Ashton who was too busy with finding an equally embarrassing and ridiculous background as the Hello Kitty one the dyed blonde had put on his phone back then.

"Wow, quite resentful of you," Vicky snickered, bumping his arm in a playful manner.
The curls falling on his face bouncing as he shook his head. "Not at all, actually. Michael did not only change my background and all of my social media into the Hello Kitty theme and my ring tone to an awfully acute K-pop -"
"It was J-pop," Luke corrected him, suppressing the laugh which was making its way up his throat at the memory of actually all of them coming up with that prank. However, he kept his mouth shut before Ashton could think of wreaking revenge on them as well.
"Whatever," Ashton mumbled, facing the girl next to him again. "The point is, Michael also changed my code so I couldn't change any of this."
Calum and Luke were both pressing their lips hard together, trying not to burst out laughing.
"Ohh, poor you.." Vicky was soothing him while holding back a laugh herself. The story sounding more than hilarious to her.
"The actual fun part was how we kept calling his phone and this song would blast all over the place," Calum choked out, him and Luke not able to keep themselves from laughing anymore. Earning a dead glare from the unamused Ashton. Well, actually it was a truly funny story but he chose to play it serious.
"Yeah, and that cute staff girl was creeped out since you jerks kept yelling for me to pick it up."
"Oh shit, right!" Luke's eyes were tearing up from all the laughing, Calum having calmed down in the meanwhile. Rubbing his eyes with his thumb and index finger as he laughed under his breath. "Great times."
"In all honesty, that sounds like something I would do myself," Vicky confessed, pursing her lips giggling. Ashton raised a brow at her. "Are you really that evil?"
"Well.. yes."
"Tal mentioned you having pulled some stuff like this on her, too," Luke remembered. His gaze wandering to the direction Tally and Michael had disappeared a few minutes ago. The only people around being other travellers, dragging suitcases and carrying bags from one side to another.
"Oh, yeah. She was my victim. But later on my sister became my new one, so."
Ashton locked the device in his hands. "What a brat," he laughed, flashing her a short smirk. Being content with his work, he quickly hid it behind his back when seeing their two friends returning with bags of chips in their arms.