2.4 halloween

-i also dedicate this chapter to one of my uncles who sadly passed away due to cancer on 16th November. you'll always be remembered <3 -

»»» song: luca vasta - imperial (i don't wanna dance)

31st October

Halloween. The spookiest day of the year. Originally dedicated to remember the dead, including saints, martyrs, and all the faithful departed. Its origin the catholic Ireland.
No matter if young or old, mostly everyone gets excited for this holiday. Being celebrated all over the world. In some countries more, in some less.

Traditionally, monsters like vampires, zombies and other living deads striking terror into people's hearts that night. However, nowadays it rather shifted to comic heroes and movie characters. The core of the modern interpretation remaining the same though.
-The creeps.
Haunted houses, horror film marathons or just a scary prank.
And of course the parties.

»»»

"Happy Halloween, folks!"
Michael yelled into the microphone as the last drum beats for this night followed. Streaks of hair sticking on his forehead as he joined Calum in the middle of the stage. Luke quickly jogging to them as well. Them smiling widely and clapping their hands. Arms raised up high, waving at the crowd.
The vibrating air was hitting Tally's back as she was taking some last shots. Screams and cheers of the crowd behind her. Yelling their names and I love you's. Only the serious look on the faces of all the security guys remained the same, boring and unfazed.
More beads of sweat were forming on her forehead and her legs started aching by now. And from her close position she could see the tiredness in the band's faces as well. Something that was partially hidden by the animal masks they were wearing for the performance. It was Halloween after all.
However, they still had to take them off occasionally. It got warm enough during a gig anyway due to spotlights and the running around. Masks covering their faces only added to that.
Tally having to fight back a laugh when seeing Ashton's wet hair as he finally accompanied them. Giving her the opportunity of taking photos of him, as well.
Then, the four put their arms around each other's shoulders and bowed, completing their performance. The crowd going wild.

After throwing some last drum sticks and picks into the screaming fans, they ran off the stage. Normal lights switching back on soon later. Staff workers starting dismantling the drums and preparing the stage for the next act. Some artist Tally hadn't heard of before but mainly because she didn't try to keep herself up-to-date with the charts.
Making her way backstage, she heaved a sigh of relief. Brushing past people with basic approaches of costumes. Some with painted face. Some shirts covered by fake-blood and some others a funny headpiece. Anything to be at least a tiny part of the Halloween spirit around.
She even spotted the blue wig of Amy in the hurrying people, making her way backstage as well.
Tally remembering Amy telling her she and Dan would head to a party in Malibu after the gig. Maybe that was why she didn't meet her, like she normally used to.

Squeezing through some stuff people, internally groaning. Even though she loved her job, Tally really wasn't on top form that day. She'd taken another painkiller before the show -just in case. And though she didn't have any cramps, there remained this weird and indescribable feeling of bloating. Plus her overall tired body.
Probably Jess in New Girl described it the best when saying feeling like 'a fat man was sitting on her uterus'. Because that was exactly what it was like.
Indeed the bloodiest day of the year.

»»»

"Are you guys finally ready?" Ashton yelled from downstairs. Him and the other two waiting impatiently for half an hour now.
Calum quickly pressed some more buttons on his controller when noticing Michael was trying to get advantage of it.
"We're gonna leave without you!" he warned then, dodging Michael's attack.
"Just one sec!" they heard Tally's voice, causing them almost simultaneously roll their eyes.
"I swear those two are slowly starting getting on my nerves," the blonde next to him mumbled.
Ashton shrugged, continuing watching them play. "I don't know, I find it cute they're putting so much effort in their costumes. At least more than others." He coughed, eyeing Michael. Calum chuckled, peeking at Michael as well before focusing back on their game.
"Oh, shut the fuck up. You two weren't that creative either."
"At least more than you," Calum smirked to what he scoffed.
"Yeah 'cause it takes lots of creativity to come up with a Jedi costume."
"Hey, just because you all were too lame to make a group costume out of it doesn't mean I couldn't have a Star Wars one."
"Why are you even mocking him? You're the one just having put on a Pikachu -onesie."
Calum nodded. "Exactly. Not even some of the cool Pokémons but the most common one."
"Can you both just shut up already?" he groaned, turning to the giggling idiot. "And you, Ashton? Who are you even supposed to be?"
The older boy interrupted his laughing and gasped, pretending being shocked. "Wow, Michael. Just wow."
"What?"
He shook his head. "Nothing, just wow. How can you not recognise me?"
Michael's brows knit together in confusion. "Why? Am I supposed to?"
It wasn't like Ashton was wearing some obvious costume anyway. In fact, he was wearing normal clothes. Not some he'd actually wear himself, but still normal clothes. He'd look like a nerd to be honest if it wasn't for some fake blood on them and his face.