0.7 goodbyes

»»» song: oasis - wonderwall

7th July

Sydney

July in Australia was an interesting thing. It was rather cold and cloudy. It was like autumn in Europe. No wonder, after all it was winter there. And that was the most weird thing ever. Especially since July was normally the warmest month of the year. In the northern hemisphere at least.
Four days had passed since they'd returned to Australia. Four days and they were still more or less jetlagged. Michael would play video games till -okay, maybe it wasn't much of a difference for Michael. He always slept late. But the others weren't exactly up for that.
Luke used to take a nap whenever he felt like it. Mostly while watching tv. Same did Calum. Ashton, on the other hand, actually tried to normalise his sleep pattern. Tally again didn't even try.
She was leaving soon, anyway. To be more exact, 8th July 6.30 am. So why trying? She rather spent the sleepless nights with streaming shows and movies online.
And she kept silent. She kept silent for the sake of it. She didn't mention her emotions to anyone. There was nothing she could do anyway. She was their tour photographer. If there wasn't a tour, they didn't need her. And their Asia tour would be in February. Meant, she wouldn't see them for months.
And it broke her heart. This thought hurt.
And that was the actual real reason why Tally disliked being in love with Luke. She didn't want to say goodbye to somebody she wanted to spend every minute with.

»»»

"Chill."
"I'm chill."
"You don't seem this chill, mate," Joey countered.
"I wouldn't be either if -"
Luke coughed, cutting Michael off. A stern look on his eyes, as telling him to shut up and not say anything more to them.
It wasn't like he didn't trust Joey and Zack. He just didn't feel like spreading the reason he was moody everywhere. The two didn't exactly count to those who can keep a secret. Especially not when being drunk.
-They weren't yet, but they surely would be at the end of the night.
To be fair though: didn't everyone have a friend like this? And Luke was no exception, unfortunately.
Michael huffed, grimacing. "Nothing."
Exhaling deeply, Luke stood up. He was in need for a drink. The thoughts keeping him awake the past nights -additionally to his jetlag- giving him a feeling of drowning. And he needed to forget them. To get over this. It was ridiculous and pathetic.
He was definitely not himself this day. But he needed to be. It was Ashton's birthday, the reason they were in his crowded apartment in the first place. So he had to get his shit together, for Ashton's sake. But then again, it was his last night with her.
Shaking off these thoughts, he opened a bottle, quickly sipping at it. The bitter liquid flowing down his throat. He took a dip breath and fake-smiled at himself. Everything was fine.
Fine, fine, fine.
He wouldn't see the girl he loved for who knows how many months. That was great.
Great, great, great.
And it kind of was until Ashton's chirpy voice echoed over the music. Bringing Luke's attention to the direction of the door, where, of course who else, Tally was entering the apartment just now. Followed by Calum who'd picked her up. Luke would've done it himself, but Calum's house was closer to her hotel.

"Happy birthday," she smiled. Tiptoeing, so she could actually hug Ashton before handing him a wrapped square with a red bow. The birthday boy was observing it from all sides before suddenly ripping the gift wrap. His lips turning into a huge grin. "Fuck, Tal, what's that?" he asked excitedly.
Seeing his hazel eyes lit up made her instantly smile wider. She'd been quite unsure about it, to be honest. She knew Ashton loved the classic rock of the '70s and retro things like vinyls, so she figured out the Led Zeppelin record she found, would be good. And obviously, it was. Quite a relief.
Finding a gift for someone else than yourself could be pretty stressful. Especially when it was for a guy. Guys were so complicated when it came to gifts.
"So.. you like it?" she asked carefully, while Calum snatched the vinyl out of Ashton's large hands. Inspecting it himself.
"Of course. It's a vinyl of one of the greatest bands of all time. How couldn't I?" He grinned and embraced her again, giving her a squeeze. "Thanks, Tally. It's great."
"You know, now I'm also expecting such a cool gift from you, Tal," Calum said, giving it back to Ashton. A sly grin on his lips. "Oh, and make sure it's better than his," he added in a warning tone.
Tally rolled her eyes, giggling. "Can't promise anything."