2.2 no dates (special michael bonus chapter)

»»»song: arctic monkeys - one for the road

5th October
(Australian Eastern Standard Time)

Dates.
Another one of those weird things in today's society.
Dates were embarrassingly awkward.
What was the point in sitting in a pricey restaurant or watching a movie you'd probably rather watch with your friends or alone, with someone you don't know nearly anything about? Only to make lame small talk?

Obviously, if the date was with someone you hadn't just met drunkenly at a party a few nights ago, it might not turn out as a mix of discomfort and long pauses while trying to come up with something slightly good to keep the conversation rolling.

So let's see how Michael's trip to the other side of the world went, while the rest of the gang was dealing with their own stuff in LA.
-And why the hell I'm dedicating a whole chapter to one who wasn't even the main protagonist!

»»»

"Michael? Michael!"
"I'm here, I'm here! Jesus.."
Michael was stumbling into the dressing room, trying to adjust his tie that was nearly choking him. He wasn't used to wear formal clothing neither did he plan to. Even at formal events like award shows he'd always be the only one from his band that most likely appeared with a studded vest rather than a neat blazer.
"Are you still not ready?" His mother was rolling her eyes, seeing her son struggling with his clothing piece while she was waiting at the entrance in her elegant trouser suit. She sighed, putting her purse away before facing him with a laugh. "You should be old enough to know how it's done by now," she giggled and untied it, starting to tie it properly again. Michael grimaced, his lips forming a smirk then as he wiggled the tie in between his fingers.
"Why should I though? It's not like I'm wearing those uncomfortable thingies on a daily basis anyway."
"Well, maybe you should." She patted his chest as soon as she finished, content with her work. "They suit you."
"Absolutely fucking not, mum!"
"Michael, language!" the shorter woman hissed with a raised brow and grabbed her purse from the dresser she'd left it. "Be careful with your swearing, your younger cousins are attending this wedding as well."
He was about to retort with a sarcastic comment, though remembering this was his mum -the only woman he was afraid of the consequences by swearing in front of- he wisely chose to shut it this time. "Sure."
"Alright," she smiled then, before noticing he wasn't even wearing the right shoes. "We're waiting outside in the car. So hurry."
He nodded, a sigh of relief escaping his lips as soon as she closed the door behind her. He was so-not-ready to face his entire kinship plus all the bride's relatives there.
It wasn't that he was socially awkward but.. he kind of was socially awkward. But only when people were treating him awkwardly. Especially at events he was forced to participate because of his family. No doubt, he loved his parents and their families, but he didn't necessarily feel the need to meet some great-uncles he'd never had heard of before.
Turning around, he made his way to the guest room of his aunt's house where he and his parents were staying at during their stay in Melbourne.
He knelt down, remembering having seen the black shoes under the bed and indeed, they were. With a groan and a bit of stretching he managed to grab them out. Putting them on, he felt his phone buzzing in the inside of his pocket.
Cursing, he pulled it out seeing a text from none other than Nayara. Feeling both, anxious and mad. Anxious about her reply and mad that it took her so long -almost a whole day- to text him back.
Alright, maybe he should've stayed casual, like Tally had suggested him to. But unfortunately it hadn't been working out all too well for him. So he'd simply decided to just go for it.