1.5 ferris wheel

»»» song: claire - neon love

24th August

'Everything you want is on the other side of fear'.
Sometimes fear got the best of someone, preventing them from pursuing their actual desires.
The important thing was, even when feeling the remaining fear, to go for it and do it anyway. Because this was how you knew something was great or important; from the fear of it. Giving you some kind of respect towards the object or action.
Courage meant exactly this, after all. Not letting fear stopping you. Everyone was allowed to be afraid, as long as it didn't stop them from evolving.
Because most of the times, it was worth to just say 'fuck it' and let go.

»»»

"Mikey got a girlfriend?!"

Clearly shocked and highly puzzled, Tally's high-pitched shriek made her almost choke on the milk she was drinking. Loudly slamming the glass down on the glass table, she unintentionally spit a bit of the white liquid on it. Hastily starting wiping it away, her big brown eyes still in clear shock piercing the dyed-blond boy. Him rolling his eyes dramatically at her.
"She is not, I repeat, not my girlfriend!" he groaned. Eyes sparkling with anger towards the Kiwi boy who was desperately trying not to burst out laughing. "Stop saying that, you twat."
"Oh, c'mon. You obviously like her," Calum teased grinning. His fork wiggling in front of Michael's face. Maybe not that smart of a decision since Michael was already planning how to use the metal to hurt him.
"N-no, I don't! At least not the way you mean it!"
"Aww, but Mikey, you're blushing," Tally pointed out giggling. Actually a bit surprised by his reaction. Yeah sure, Michael swore a lot and stuff, but she'd never seen him this mad about a simple remark. That had to mean something, for sure.
Hearing her words, he clenched his jaw. Eyes shifting to the sweet filled puff pastry in front of him. "I'm not."
"Oh my god, you're so whipped!" Calum was laughing out loud. The sound of his ringing laughter filling the warm, yet breezy air. He even almost fell from his chair, his long legs pushing it backwards. "I bet in your mind y-"
"Shut the fuck up, Cal. I swear," Michael cut him off growling. Clearly getting more and more frustrated with his dumb shit.
The loud honking of cars and a man's shouting from down the street echoing in the air then. The main road being right down the street, adding some extra car noises.
Tally smiled. "Oh Mikey, ignore the idiot." She was trying to calm him down. "But wow, all this time I asked what was going on, none of you came up with the idea of informing me about this!" She huffed, crossing her arms.
"Because there's nothing to inform you about. Nayara and I-"
"Her name's Nayara?"
He coughed scratching his neck. "Yeah. S-she's-"
"She's Brazilian," Calum grinned, wiggling with his thick brows. "Pretty hot."
"Shut up, will ya?"
"Easy, Clifford. It's not like I'd steal her from you," he cheekily winked, aggravating him more.
Luckily for Calum, Tally could intervene before Michael could actually hurt him.
"Does she live there as well? And wait, where did you guys even meet? And oh my god, how old is she? Is she nice?"
She was bursting out with so many excited questions, that Michael didn't even know where to start off. Making him chuckle. Her typical girly behaviour amusing him.
"For all I know, she lives in Melbourne. And we met in the online mode of a game."
"She's a gamer?"
"Oh, Michael, tell her how exactly you met," Calum barged in again. Laughing out, covering his face with one hand.
Tally furrowed her brows, not understanding anything. Especially not why Michael was giving him a look as he was ready do cut his head off.
"That doesn't matter."
"If you don't I will tell her how she b-"
"She beat the fuck out of me, okay? Satisfied?" Michael groaned, burying his head in folded arms. "It was embarrassing. And I didn't even know she was a girl because her character was a muscly guy."
Tally's jaw literally dropped, as she started to laugh along with Calum. "Oh my- How did she do that? I thought you're a gaming pro?" She was hysterically giggling, both her hands covering her mouth to prevent herself from laughing even more.
Michael only let out another frustrated groan, burying his face in his arms again. Now she was making fun of him, too. Great.