0.1 san francisco

»»» song: vance joy - riptide

26th June (day of touring 147)

The first real chapter of this story, as weird as it seems, starts a couple of months later.
To be more precise, two Michael's-hair-colours later.
It starts when the previously mentioned world tour of 5SOS neared its ending.
Five months had passed. Five months of travelling around the globe, visiting cities Thalia had never been to before. Visiting exciting new cultures and meeting its people.
Five months of spending time with four dorks and actually becoming friends with them.
For all of you being confused now, don't worry. You'll get to know what exactly happened in all those months. Just not in chronological order. That would be boring, don't you think?
Also the incidents of the frame story, thus whatever will happen in San Francisco and after, will reflect the previous months, memories and feelings.
Just pay attention to the chapters title and the date and you'll know in which part of the story we're situated.

So, the frame story begins in San Francisco, one of the last dates of the tour.

»»» 

"What about the new X-Men?"
The five were gathered around the big tv in Michael and Calum's hotel room. Their concert would be tomorrow night and they'd spend most of the day in tour buses, driving 6 hours all the way from Los Angeles.
They were tired, but also hungry, so they just ordered something from the room service and decided to watch a film. The next day would be long enough for them to explore the city.

Thalia -who they only called Tally by now- turned off the tv's volume. A commercial break interrupting the show they were currently watching, while deciding what to watch.
"Possible, but we haven't watched the new Deadpool yet."
"Yes, please," Michael groaned, already tired of how irresolute they still were.
"He isn't even a real superhero, you know," Ashton mumbled then, munching on some chips which were definitely too orange-coloured for Tally's liking.
"Same goes for Batman then," she simply countered, watching their jaw drop.
"Hold on," Luke said then, gaze shifting away from the Netflix page on Michael's laptop. "You did not just say that." "What if I did?" A smug smile was spread all over her face. "Tal, please, Batman, the Dark Night, is the coolest one."
"Says who?"
"Says me."
"And me."
"I'm not sure, to be honest."
"And I prefer Spidy."
They looked at Michael with raised brows.
"What?" he snapped, "He has some real superpowers at least. Not like yours."
"Guys, guys, guys," she interrupted then, "The order of cool superheroes is still: Iron Man, Wolverine, then the rest of the X-Men plus Deadpool and the Avengers."
"They're cool, for sure," Calum nodded then, snatching the chips from Ashton's lap, "But not the coolest. The coolest is, and I have to agree with Luke, Batman."
"What the- No, it's Iron Man ! Hello? Tony Stark, the iron suit? The money? The amazing mansion? The super cool equipment?"
"Batman got also some super dope equipment though."
"And the Batmobil!"
"Maybe, but that doesn't change anything about his boring as hell personality unlike Tony's," she retorted, making Calum and Luke gasp. "You're just a sucker for Robert Downey Jr., that's why you like Iron Man this much. Just admit it, Tal."
"Okay, stop!" Ashton interrupted, not wanting listening to their querrel for any longer. And especially Tally's voice, which would always get a note higher whenever she was arguing. Strangely this also happened with Luke's. "Let's just watch Deadpool, please."

They stared at each other with gleamy eyes before muttering an 'okay'. Michael took his laptop back from Luke, already typing in the title and connecting it with the tv. Ashton even turned off the lights for some kind of cinema-like atmosphere, before leaning over Calum and in a moment of inattention, got the chips bag back from him.

As the opening credits of the film started, Luke slided closer to Tally who still had her arms crossed. " Iron Man is good, but still sucks compared to Badman," he whispered then, only for her to hear. Earning her elbow against his side. He winced a little in pain, covering it with a signature smirk of his.
"Not so violent, please."
"Only to you, Luke."