2.5 birthday talk

»»» song: dnce - cake by the ocean

20th November

"Happy birthday!"
Nayara's deep voice sounding surprisingly cheery through the other phone line, causing Michael's lips instantly curl up. It was surely not something he'd expected.
He was laying on his bed, lazily holding his phone with one hand so Nayara was able seeing him. The other one buried in a chips bag.
He smiled then. "You remembered!"
She shrugged."Sure." Biting back a smile herself. "So, how does it feel being twenty-three?"
He noticed her ombré having almost completely grown out, revealing her natural brown hair. As much as he liked her ombré, her chocolate brown was amazing, too.
"Pretty much same as being twenty-two, to be honest."
She arched one of her thin brows at him. "Sounds pretty lame," she laughed then, "And how was your birthday so far?"
Michael shoved a handful chips in his mouth. "It was pretty awesome. I got a huge cake and everyone I know was there an-" He abruptly stopped his narration when he saw her sad glance. Covered up by a fake smile.
"That's great, Michael. I'm happy you had such a great day."
He wasn't sure though, but the view made his heart drop a bit.
"Is everything okay?"
This girl might have some issues with expressing her feelings, but she wasn't the best in hiding them either.
Narrowing her eyes at him, she nodded. "Yeah, why?"
"I don't know, you had a sad look."
"It's just -" She cut herself off,bot wanting to sound pity. "Nothing."
"What?" He was curious now.
She shrugged again, pursing her lips.
"It's just a pity I couldn't be there," she whispered quickly. Hoping he wouldn't hear. He did though.

"Aw Nay." He chuckled before emptying the bag in his mouth. "What?"
"You're cute," he grinned, munching on the last chips.
Her eyes widened. "S-shut up," she mumbled, more to herself than him and took a curl out of her face.
"It's true though."
"Michael, shut up, I swear!" Nausea was trying her best to sound annoyed. As much as she liked being called this by him, it also put her in a weird situation.

Nayara and Michael weren't together. They acted more like best friends. Except of moments like this, when he called her cute. Michael liked her, a lot, and he wasn't really trying to hide it.
Nayara, on the other hand, didn't know what exactly she felt about him.
He was her closest friend at the moment, even though he was thousands of miles away. So she didn't want to rush things by starting liking him this way. Even though she probably already did.

"What are you gonna do if I don't stop? Spank me?" A smug smirk creeped up on his lips as he watched her blankly staring at the camera.
"Maybe."
His smirk instantly dropped. She sounded serious.

"Luke! Come here, you idiot!"
Tally's loud yelling echoed through the halls. Causing their heads snap up simultaneously.
"Violence is no solution!"
The sound of him running away from the short girl was heard all over the place.
"Come here and let me slap you!"
"Love, no. I'm sorry, but I told you I promised h-"
"Just let me slap you!"
"Guys, help me!"
"Definitely not," Calum yelled back.

Nayara's brows furrowed, confusion washing over her. "What the fuck is going on there?"
"Oh this.. Long story," he shrugged nonchalantly, like it was no big deal. And maybe it really wasn't for him anymore. He was kind of used of random stuff like this.
She dragged out a sigh, rolling her eyes. "Do I really need to beg for you to tell me the story or-?"
"Nay, don't get so dramatic," Michael laughed out, finding her acting amusing. "If you really want to hear it, I'm gonna tell you. But prepare yourself!" With a deliberately low, mysterious voice he was wiggling his eyebrows in front of the camera.
Her dark eyes remaining unfazed.
"Who is dramatic now?"
"Shut up, Eduarda."
Her smirk immediately dropped, being replaced by another glare.
"I told you to never ever call me like this, Gordon," she snapped, causing him only laugh more. "Ugh, just tell me already."
"Well, well, well, my dear Nayara, our story begins-"
"Sounds stolen from How I met your mother to me," she said. Suppressing the giggle, which tried to escape her lips.
Michael took a deep breath and just shook his head. "Same lame jokes as the others. I can't even believe I'm still talking to you."
"Just admit it, you found it funny."
"Maybe a tiny bit," he mumbled then and made a gesture with his fingers, "But I let this one slide since you gave me an idea."
"What ide-?"
"Our story begins when uncle Luke -"
"Oh god, no."
His pink lips had the shape of a cheeky grin. "Shut up and listen."
The olive-skinned girl sighed.
"So basically it all started yesterday, when uncle Luke, uncle Ashton, uncle Calum and aunt Tally prepared my birthday party-"