Career Day (Part 2)

( Clara leads Cady and Regina into the Choir room and has them sit by Karen and Gretchen )

Naomi: Clarabelle, dear friend. Today has been....horrific...

Clara: I see you ended up bringing both your Moms. I thought it was just your Mama who was coming?

Naomi: Originally yes. I had asked my Mama to accompany me....against my better judgment but...I mustn't fail a class. However, this morning when I awoke and discovered my Mother had taken the day from work to come along as well.

Clara: Oh? Is that good or bad...?

Naomi: Undecided. Luckily my Mother prevented my Mama from making the incredibly horrible decision of eating several cinnamon buns from the school cafeteria this morning.

Clara: *cringes* I don't think it's a good idea to eat anything that lunch lady makes. Remember the burnt biscuits?

Naomi: Precisely. Apparently it has always been just as bad....even in our parents days of old.

Clara: *chuckles* Well, things have gone....okay...? I mean, my Moms now know about Eddie and mines deal. And before you say it, I know you don't agree with what I'm doing but you also can't deny the fact you're a lot smarter than me.

Naomi: You can be just as intelligent with your work, Clarabelle. All it takes is a little extra time studying.

Clara: Omi....studying is all you do! It's literally your favorite pass time! I think it'd take me a little more than "a little extra time" to be as smart as you!

Naomi: *playfully rolls eyes* Excuses, excuses. *perks up* Did you happen to see Cherry today?

Clara: I did! *hands her one of the snack boxes of Reesie's puffs she bought from Cherry* Hope you like peanut butter.

Naomi: One of my favorites! *takes the box*

Clara: *looks over to her Moms to see how they're doing* Yo, Momma, you gonna open your folder? You have to look over the material so we don't have to wait around once we get started.

Cady: Clarabelle, I'm not necessarily—

Clara: Yes you are. You don't have a choice! *points to the sheet music* All we have to do is sight read lines 1,2,3, and 4. Then we'll start the vocal warmups. *hands her a pencil* Here, I'll help you get started. *looks to Regina too* Mom, you paying attention?

Regina: Huh? *looks up from her phone*

Clara: Great lesson Mom. Put your phone away. This is school! Get caught with your phone and it goes *pauses for affect* in the phone sack!

Student nearby: *gasps* Did you just say the.....phone sack?!

Clara: *nods* Indeed I did.

Regina: .....What the hell is a phone sack?

Clara: The phone sack is where bad students phones go! If it ends up in there....it goes to the principal...who then makes a phone call home to your parents. They have to come to the school and get the phone....and you don't get it back unless it's from your parents!

Student nearby: DUN DUN DUUUNNNN!

Regina: Clarabelle...I don't believe that applies to me....

Clara: It applies to everyone! No one escapes the phone sack!

Regina: *looks to Cady with wide eyes*

Cady: *shrugs* Follow the rules, Gina. Besides, it probably wouldn't look very good if you were sitting on your phone during a class....considering you're a parent...