I Didn't Wanna Know

[At the Heron-George house]
[in Clarabelle's Bedroom]

Clara: *aged 16* *laying on her bed, phone in hand*

Ithlilen: *aged 12* *barges in* Clara! Have you seen this?! *shoves phone in her face*

Clara: Have you ever heard of knocking? *sighs* What is it?

Ithlilen: Naomi just posted on her Instagram!

Clara: Wow, really? Last time I checked she thought social media was a waste of time and corrupting our, and I quote, "young developing minds". *rolls eyes*

Ithlilen: Stop being like Mom for half a second and actually read this!

Regina: *from hallway, pokes head in* You better watch yourself Ithlilen Leo, I have the power to keep you home all weekend. *narrows eyes in warning*

Ithlilen: S-Sorry, Ma'am. *nervously scratches back of head*

Regina: *continues down the hallway*

Clara: *smirks*

Ithlilen: Oh shut up and look at the picture gosh darn it!

Clara: Okay, okay! *looks at photo* Wait....is that—?

Ithlilen: Uh huh! Jericho is visiting for a few weeks!

{Photo: Naomi sitting on her living room couch with arm draped around her cousin Jericho}

Ithlilen: Sooo~?

Clara: So? What?

Ithlilen: Oh come on, Clara! Everyone and their dog knows you like him! Now that he's in town...how about you go for it and ask him out?

Clara: Are you crazy?! I can't ask my best friend's cousin out! That's....well that's weird! It's uncool, it's wrong it's—

Ithlilen: Getting old. Get on with it.

Clara: *rolls eyes* I don't like him. He's just a big goof-ball. He's more or less like...the little brother type. I couldn't date him.

Ithlilen: You can't...or you won't?

Clara: And what's does mean—

Ithlilen: I think it's just because you're to afraid.

Clara: Afraid...? Pffttt, that's ridiculous. I'm not afraid of asking him. I'd be more afraid if Momma and Mom found out. Remember what happened last time I just mentioned the fact I liked a guy from my class?

Ithlilen: *eyes widened in remembrance*

{Flashback: 2 years prior}
[Around the Heron-George Dinner Table]

Clara: *age 14* Yeah, I mean....Ralphie is kinda cute. And he's really nice but—

Cady: AWWW, sweetie you have a crush?!

Clara: I wouldn't really say that—

Regina: *stone faced* I'm gonna have to meet this boy then. If I don't like him—

Clara: Guys! I'm not really gonna date him! I literally just said he was nice!

Ithlilen: *aged 8* You also said you thought he was cute! *makes kissing noises*