Movie Night (Part 2)

(The family sits around the dinner table eating)

Ithilien: *fidgeting as he looks between his dinner plate, and his phone sitting in the bowl*

Clara: *resting her head in her hand looking highly bored*

Raph: *has one earbud in as he eats, looks calm*

Cady: *looks between all of her children* S-Sooo. How was everyone's day?

Clara: *glances up momentarily* The same.

Ithilien: Boring.

Cady: *presses her lips together* Okay? What...happened?

Clara: *mumbles barely audible* Nothing really. Some kid got his fingers stuck in one of those finger traps. Got to watch him get cut out in the middle of my economics class.

Cady: Oh, that sounds....funny.

Clara: *sighs* Yep.

Cady: *frowns* What about you Theo? What happened in your day?

Ithilien: Nothing. Got to spend basically my whole day in the art room drawing. Got to avoid a lot of people so....that's always a win.

Cady: *raises an eyebrow* You spent your whole day there? What about your other classes?

Ithilien: Don't know.

Cady: *glances to Regina, the back at Theo* Wait. I'm confused. How don't you know?

Ithilien: *sighs* I didn't go to my other classes. Most of them are study halls anyway.

Cady: So you just...skipped all your classes?!

Ithilien: I mean....kinda. But not really. Every period I would just call down to the teacher I was supposed to be with and tell them how I wasn't coming to class but I was in the building. Then, I'd hang up before they could ask me any questions.

Cady: *stunned* I-Ithilien—!

Regina: What about that art teacher? Didn't he notice you basically moving into his classroom?

Ithilien: Nah, not really. He leaves his classroom open 24/7 for students to come in and work. That's because he knows not every kid has the ability to work on their stuff at home. So kids just come into his room all day, everyday to chill at a random table and work. He doesn't really ask to many questions.

Cady: Okay well....don't be doing that anymore.

Ithilien: *shrugs* Sometimes...it's the only way I don't just walk out of the building and come home midway through the day.

Clara: *mumbles to herself* My phone is the only reason I don't walk out of the building to come home midway through the day.

Cady: *sighs* I'm sorry your day was so...boring.

Ithilien: It's okay. We forgive you.

Clara: *stands up grabbing her plate* I'm done. When's this movie night thing happening?

Cady: Once everyone has finished. *turns to May in her highchair* May-May has picked The Emoji Movie.

Ithilien: Awww! —I mean, great! That's totally not a terrible movie or anything.

Regina: *rolls her eyes*

Clara: Just—call me down when it starts.

Cady: You know you could stay down here and socialize.